microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

enabling AWE on clustering environment

kulkarni.ninad

3/19/2007 7:10:00 PM

I want to enable AWE on my production box. Currently we have active/
passive 2 nodes. both of them are running at 8 GB of ram and quad
processors with windows 2000 advance server our database is 2 TB but
as per talk with Microsoft support team they said there is a lot of
memory pressure on this box so you'll have to either enable AWE or
you'll have to migrate to 64-bit sql. We dont have any 64 bit machines
right now so we are heading down the path of enabling AWE. Can some
one please tell me what the steps that i need to follow in order to
enable AWE on this clustering environment?

1 Answer

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

My approach would be:

(a) add the /3GB and /PAE switches to boot.ini on both nodes
(b) reboot the standby node
(c) initiate a failover
(d) reboot the standby node (which should now be the other node, which
became standby during (c))

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP