microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

track iteration number of call to sproc

John Grandy

3/16/2007 12:37:00 AM

I have a sproc which is called iteratively from an SSIS package.

For debugging purposes, I've inserted in the sproc a PRINT statement that
SELECTs some values .

I can not think of a way to track and also PRINT the iteration number of the
call to the sproc.

Here's what I'd like to see in the messages section ( or even better in a
grid ) :

1 datavalue11 datavalue21 datavalue31
2 datavalue12 datavalue22 datavalue32
3 datavalue13 datavalue23 datavalue33

2 Answers

Tibor Karaszi

Check out the @@NESTLEVEL function.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/d...

"John Grandy" <johnagrandy-at-gmail-dot-com> wrote in message
>I have a sproc which is called iteratively from an SSIS package.
>
> For debugging purposes, I've inserted in the sproc a PRINT statement that SELECTs some values .
>
> I can not think of a way to track and also PRINT the iteration number of the call to the sproc.
>
> Here's what I'd like to see in the messages section ( or even better in a grid ) :
>
> 1 datavalue11 datavalue21 datavalue31
> 2 datavalue12 datavalue22 datavalue32
> 3 datavalue13 datavalue23 datavalue33

Ken

On Feb 2, 6:50 am, "IlBenButtfucked @gmail.com" wrote this ABORTION
CONFESSION (before he turned into a HOMO)

From: DaveinIllinois @webtv.net
Group: alt.discuss.clubs.public.suppo­rt.misc.darlingbabe
Subject: Re: For the children's sake? (Linda)
Date: Sun, Jan 4, 2004, 6:44am (PDT-1)
Linda,
Thank you for sharing your story ; i read it with tears in my eyes
because
im so glad that you found the forgiveness/healing you needed thru
Christ.
I related to your story because when i was 20 , i got a 17 year old
girl pregnant who was a sister to some good friends of mine. I
encouraged
her to get an abortion to escape the guiltiness and shame ; thats why
i have
a child in Heaven which im going to see one day.

Tell us Dimwit, will you be looking for a male or a female, AND
exactly
what part of your fictional bible saz that your blob of cells will be
waiting in your imaginary afterlife, ya flamming hypocrite?