microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

restart sql server and now able to save

sameer

3/15/2007 11:08:00 PM

Hi guys,

environment : sql server 2000, .net framework 1.1, , visual studio 2003,
windows 2003 server, make extensive use of stored procs, UDFs
size of the database : 800 Mb, log file : 150 MB, application uses stored
procs to do interact with the database.
from my .net application when the user performs a certain action that has to
be saved in the database, this fires some data which fires some more triggers
and store procs, the updates take quite some time around 2-3 minutes or so,
CPU goes around to 50% durnig that tmie and then finally at times the update
crashes and does not happen and at time it happens. during this process
inserts and updates are being done and i think this is effect like 10- 15
tables. i know this is pretty general info but this is all i have at the
moment. when clients calls me with this issue , i restart the database and
boom he is able to do the same update successfully now. why is this
happening? Is this jsut a matter of optimizing sqlserver side code ? Is there
any way i can see\ create a log all the action that is happening here?

Please let me know how i can resolve this issue, give me names of any tools
or any way i can do this.

thanks

sameer