microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Remove text from a number column

Daniel

3/15/2007 10:37:00 PM

We have converted a few access DB's to SQL...they were not that large and it
was to help with the new requirements requested by the business. Everything
works, but in Access one of the columns was setup to capture alpha-numeric.
Its not that big a deal, yet.. but woudl like to see is there any way to
remove the leading characters from that columns data, so that its only a
number?

Currently capturing RTxxxxxxx where x of course is the number

Before we go live on the new database, we want to see if there is anyway to
delete / remove the RT from each record...

There are currently over 10,000 records.. and dont want to manually do
this...

Using SQL 2005

Since this is currently on our developement server, we can do what we need
to the fields and columns and data for testing of course..

Any help would be great.