microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Is need to make some IIS settings before install SQL server when endpoint feature is used?

yy

3/15/2007 8:28:00 AM

Is need to make some IIS settings before install SQL server when endpoint
feature is used?

I only want use endpoint fwature, I discovered I cannot connect endpoint use
IE, which return 404 error. Is it need to set some config on IIS to enable
endpoint?

1 Answer

Tibor Karaszi

Endpoints doesn't use IIS. In fact, an endpoint can conflict with IIS, if they use the same port
number (like 80) and if you aren't on W2K3. I created an endpoint and could connect using IE, but IE
only show me the XML document which is the WSDL information. Below is the script I'm using (note
port 82, because of conflict with IIS):

USE AdventureWorks
GO
IF OBJECT_ID('Production.GetProducts') IS NOT NULL
DROP PROCEDURE Production.GetProducts
IF OBJECT_ID('Production.HejDu') IS NOT NULL
DROP FUNCTION Production.HejDu
GO

--Skapa stored procedure som vi ska exponera som Web Service
CREATE PROCEDURE Production.GetProducts
AS
SELECT ProductID,Name,ListPrice
FROM Production.Product
GO

CREATE FUNCTION Production.HejDu ()
RETURNS varchar(30)
AS
BEGIN
RETURN 'Hej på er'
END
GO

--Skapa endpoint
CREATE ENDPOINT AWProduction
STATE = STARTED
AS HTTP
(
PATH = '/AdventureWorks/Production'
,AUTHENTICATION = (INTEGRATED)
,PORTS = ( CLEAR )
,CLEAR_PORT = 82)
FOR SOAP
(
WEBMETHOD 'GetProducts'
(name= 'AdventureWorks.Production.GetProducts', FORMAT = ROWSETS_ONLY)
,WEBMETHOD 'SayHello'
(name= 'AdventureWorks.Production.HejDu', FORMAT = ALL_RESULTS)
,WSDL = DEFAULT
,DATABASE = 'AdventureWorks'
,NAMESPACE = 'http://AdventureWorks/'
)
GO

/*
Nedanstående ska in i VB console projekt

'' Lägg till Web Referens
'' Namn: AWWebService

Dim proxy As New AWWebService.AWProduction()

proxy.UseDefaultCredentials = True
'proxy.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials

Dim ds As System.Data.DataSet = proxy.GetProducts()

For Each r As System.Data.DataRow In ds.Tables(0).Rows
Console.WriteLine(r("Name").ToString())
Next

Console.Read()

Console.WriteLine(proxy.SayHello())