microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Free Flowchart software for VB

(nobody)

1/4/2012 5:46:00 PM

I just ran across this free and open source software, and thought some of
you may want to use it. It seems pretty decent:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dia_%28s...

18 Answers

Dee Earley

On 04/01/2012 17:45, Nobody wrote:
> I just ran across this free and open source software, and thought some of
> you may want to use it. It seems pretty decent:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dia_%28s...

It's not really anything to do with VB6...

--
Deanna Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

ReverendFuzzy

On Jan 6, 4:42 am, Deanna Earley <dee.ear...@icode.co.uk> wrote:
> On 04/01/2012 17:45, Nobody wrote:
>
> > I just ran across this free and open source software, and thought some of
> > you may want to use it. It seems pretty decent:
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dia_%28s...
>
> It's not really anything to do with VB6...
>
> --
> Deanna Earley (dee.ear...@icode.co.uk)
> i-Catcher Development Teamhttp://www.icode.co.uk...
>
> iCode Systems
>
> (Replies direct to my email address will be ignored.
> Please reply to the group.)

....just another cheap-a$$, using the usenet to advertise thier
software.

Schmidt

Am 07.01.2012 01:21, schrieb ReverendFuzzy:
> On Jan 6, 4:42 am, Deanna Earley<dee.ear...@icode.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 04/01/2012 17:45, Nobody wrote:
>>
>>> I just ran across this free and open source software, and thought
>>> some of you may want to use it. It seems pretty decent:
>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dia_%28s...
>>
>> It's not really anything to do with VB6...

@Dee
I thought, it was meant as only a hint to
"useful resource-creation-software" (as e.g. a
link to a good and free Icon-Editor, or a free
Vector-Graphics-Program ... stuff like that).

> ...just another cheap-a$$, using the usenet to advertise
> thier software.

Oh my, god save us from your holy fuzziness... ;-)

Olaf

Mike Williams

"ReverendFuzzy" wrote in message
>> On Jan 6, 4:42 am, Deanna Earley <dee.ear...@icode.co.uk> wrote:
>> /wiki/Dia_%28software%29]
>> It's not really anything to do with VB6...
>
> ...just another cheap-a$$, using the usenet to
> advertise thier [sic!] software.

Weird, isn't it, the way dick heads like ReverendFuzzy and others have
started to pop up lately using false names when they clearly appear to read
all the messages here and are almost certainly regular contibutors who have
decided to skulk in the shadows and who do not even have the courage to
reveal who they really are when they post their diatribe.

In this particular instance it would appear that the dick head currently
calling himself ReverenedFuzzy and whose diatribe is augmenting something
said by Deanna Earley has carefully chosen to include the word 'fuzzy' in
his false name in a futile attempt to link his post with me because he knows
that I recently posted some messages advising Deanna Earley how to fix a
'fuzzy' text problem in her iCatcher software. In fact I have nothing
whatsoever to do with the person currently calling himself ReverendFuzzy,
who appears to be posting from somewhere in the Hattiesburg area of
Mississipi in America whereas I live in the UK.

Mike

Mike Williams

"Mike Williams" wrote in message news:je8n4g$6fl$1@dont-email.me...

> Weird, isn't it, the way dick heads like ReverendFuzzy and others have
> started to pop up lately using false names when they clearly appear to
> read all the messages here and are almost certainly regular contibutors
> who have decided to skulk in the shadows and who do not even have
> the courage to reveal who they really are when they post their diatribe.
> In this particular instance it would appear that the dick head currently
> calling himself ReverenedFuzzy and . . .

Actually, looking at a photo which purports to be one of ReverendFuzzy, it
appears that he derives his false name from his fuzzy hairstyle and his
fuzzy beard. According to his website (or should that be His website?) he
believes that he has been sent by God to sweat it out in Mississippi and to
save the world one soul at a time and to collect funding and redistribute it
to others (although there does not appear to be a bona-fide religion which
shares his belief and he does not promulgate his accounts). He also believes
that his God has instructed him to create VB software, something which he
has apparently been doing for many years, which makes me wonder why he has
only just turned up on the VB newsgroup. Perhaps his God has only recently
told him where it is? Or perhaps he has been here all along under a
different name? I know that the Mississippi timezone covers a large area,
but perhaps one of the few others who post from the same time zone might
know this ReverendFuzzy person? Do you know him, BeeJ? What's he like ;-)

Mike

BeeJ

Mike Williams formulated the question :
> "Mike Williams" wrote in message news:je8n4g$6fl$1@dont-email.me...
>
>> Weird, isn't it, the way dick heads like ReverendFuzzy and others have
>> started to pop up lately using false names when they clearly appear to
>> read all the messages here and are almost certainly regular contibutors
>> who have decided to skulk in the shadows and who do not even have
>> the courage to reveal who they really are when they post their diatribe.
>> In this particular instance it would appear that the dick head currently
>> calling himself ReverenedFuzzy and . . .
>
> Actually, looking at a photo which purports to be one of ReverendFuzzy, it
> appears that he derives his false name from his fuzzy hairstyle and his fuzzy
> beard. According to his website (or should that be His website?) he believes
> that he has been sent by God to sweat it out in Mississippi and to save the
> world one soul at a time and to collect funding and redistribute it to others
> (although there does not appear to be a bona-fide religion which shares his
> belief and he does not promulgate his accounts). He also believes that his
> God has instructed him to create VB software, something which he has
> apparently been doing for many years, which makes me wonder why he has only
> just turned up on the VB newsgroup. Perhaps his God has only recently told
> him where it is? Or perhaps he has been here all along under a different
> name? I know that the Mississippi timezone covers a large area, but perhaps
> one of the few others who post from the same time zone might know this
> ReverendFuzzy person? Do you know him, BeeJ? What's he like ;-)
>
> Mike

First time I have heard of him.
I just ignore posts like that.
Just a waste of my limited energy to interact ... unless I find it
funny, then maybe.
I never travel south of the mason-dixon line cause there are a lot of
strange things going on down there. I bet he as a CB Radio too with a
one gallon+ (illegal) amplifier. Know what this is? Decades ago I
played with CB and heard many a bounce broadcast from those strange
regions.
P.S. I live in Cal-i-forn-i-a but born in New York (does that make me
part British?).

ralph

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 16:08:31 -0800, BeeJ <nospam@spamnot.com> wrote:

>Mike Williams formulated the question :
>> "Mike Williams" wrote in message news:je8n4g$6fl$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>>> Weird, isn't it, the way dick heads like ReverendFuzzy and others have
>>> started to pop up lately using false names when they clearly appear to
>>> read all the messages here and are almost certainly regular contibutors
>>> who have decided to skulk in the shadows and who do not even have
>>> the courage to reveal who they really are when they post their diatribe.
>>> In this particular instance it would appear that the dick head currently
>>> calling himself ReverenedFuzzy and . . .
>>
>> Actually, looking at a photo which purports to be one of ReverendFuzzy, it
>> appears that he derives his false name from his fuzzy hairstyle and his fuzzy
>> beard. According to his website (or should that be His website?) he believes
>> that he has been sent by God to sweat it out in Mississippi and to save the
>> world one soul at a time and to collect funding and redistribute it to others
>> (although there does not appear to be a bona-fide religion which shares his
>> belief and he does not promulgate his accounts). He also believes that his
>> God has instructed him to create VB software, something which he has
>> apparently been doing for many years, which makes me wonder why he has only
>> just turned up on the VB newsgroup. Perhaps his God has only recently told
>> him where it is? Or perhaps he has been here all along under a different
>> name? I know that the Mississippi timezone covers a large area, but perhaps
>> one of the few others who post from the same time zone might know this
>> ReverendFuzzy person? Do you know him, BeeJ? What's he like ;-)
>>
>> Mike
>
>First time I have heard of him.
>I just ignore posts like that.
>Just a waste of my limited energy to interact ... unless I find it
>funny, then maybe.
>I never travel south of the mason-dixon line cause there are a lot of
>strange things going on down there. I bet he as a CB Radio too with a
>one gallon+ (illegal) amplifier. Know what this is? Decades ago I
>played with CB and heard many a bounce broadcast from those strange
>regions.

Amplifiers are no longer illegal, only using them to boost signals
within the CB band is - A narrow distinction, but useful one.

An amplifier is not needed for a signal to be propagated hundreds or
thousands of miles away. It is called 'skip'. Signals are worked from
transmitters with an output of 5 watts or less all the time.

>P.S. I live in Cal-i-forn-i-a but born in New York (does that make me
>part British?).

No, but apparently intolerant of those who live elsewhere.

Hmmmm, wait a minute. Maybe that does make you 'british'. <g>

-ralph

Mike Williams

"BeeJ" <nospam@spamnot.com> wrote in message

> I never travel south of the mason-dixon line cause there
> are a lot of strange things going on down there.

Mason Dixon line. Just the name sounds like poetry to me. I really do need
to visit America one day and see all these places with what to me are truly
evocative names, many from popular songs in my youth but also from more
recent songs. I know the Mason Dixon line is not actually a place of course,
but I'm sure there are various monuments along it. I'm not sure whether I
have nice feelings about it because it was mapped out many years ago by two
of us Brits, or because of Mark Knopfler, another Brit, recorded what I
think is an extremely beautiful and poetic song about it. Beautiful stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O...

> P.S. I live in Cal-i-forn-i-a but born in New York (does
> that make me part British?).

I'm not sure, but you're certainly very welcome to be an honorary Brit, if
that's what you would like ;-)

Mike

Mike Williams

"ralph" <nt_consulting64@yahoo.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 16:08:31 -0800, BeeJ <nospam@spamnot.com> wrote:

> No, but apparently intolerant of those who live elsewhere.
> Hmmmm, wait a minute. Maybe that does make you 'british'. <g>

Hey! Cut that out! What's happened to your upper case "B" ;-)

Mike

Mike Williams

"ralph" <nt_consulting64@yahoo.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 16:08:31 -0800, BeeJ <nospam@spamnot.com> wrote:
>> [BJ said] P.S. I live in Cal-i-forn-i-a but born in New York
>> (does that make me part British?).
>
> No, but apparently intolerant of those who live elsewhere.
> Hmmmm, wait a minute. Maybe that does make you 'british'. <g>

At least not so intolerant of people from other countries that we enslaved
millions of them and forced them to live in dreadful conditions and to work
long hours on plantations for no pay at all and cut off their feet if they
attempted to run away. <g>

Mike