DaveO

12/7/2011 10:54:00 AM

Hi

I'm putting together a routine to print user configured labels so I need to
control the printer X & Y to sub-mm precision.

The printer object sets 1440 printer points to an inch or 56.7 to the mm

To test alignment I printed a character at X = 567 & Y = 567 expecting it to
be 10mm in from the top & edge but the top left corner of the character was
printed at 12mm on the X axis and 14mm on the Y axis. I'm guessing there is
either a non-printable margin or my printer is crap.

So assuming (hoping) my printer is OK then how do I determine these margins
for any given printer? There does not seem to be any obvious property
belonging to the printer object.

TIA
DaveO