DaveO

12/7/2011 10:53:00 AM

Hi

I'm putting together a routine to print user configured labels so I need to
control the printer X & Y to sub-mm precision.

The printer object sets 1440 printer points to an inch or 56.7 to the mm

To test alignment I printed a character at X = 567 & Y = 567 expecting it to
be 10mm in from the top & edge but the top left corner of the character was
printed at 12mm on the X axis and 14mm on the Y axis. I'm guessing there is
either a non-printable margin or my printer is crap.

So assuming (hoping) my printer is OK then how do I determine these margins
for any given printer? There does not seem to be any obvious property
belonging to the printer object.

TIA
DaveO

9 Answers

Lisi Peteras

On 10/29/2011 10:32 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 19:00:47 -0700 (PDT), frschoonover
> <frschoonover@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Will somebody please shake me and wake me?
>>
>> I am having yet another terrible dream and it is the very same dream
>> that I had last night.
>>
>> Will somebody in here please wake me up?
>>
>> Thanks in advance to anyone who does so. I really appreciate it.
>
> This is a forgery as it comes through a remailer.
>
> Why don't you go play with yourself? You're not amusing anybody in
> here. Actually, you're a pain in the ass, but you already know that,
> I'm sure, having been told that by your parents many times.

Boy are you a dumb fuck, Foghorn.

Keep shooting your mouth off there,
BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mack A. Damia

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:49:55 -0400, Lisi Peteras
<nospam@nichtspam.com> wrote:

>On 10/29/2011 10:32 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 19:00:47 -0700 (PDT), frschoonover
>> <frschoonover@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Will somebody please shake me and wake me?
>>>
>>> I am having yet another terrible dream and it is the very same dream
>>> that I had last night.
>>>
>>> Will somebody in here please wake me up?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance to anyone who does so. I really appreciate it.
>>
>> This is a forgery as it comes through a remailer.
>>
>> Why don't you go play with yourself? You're not amusing anybody in
>> here. Actually, you're a pain in the ass, but you already know that,
>> I'm sure, having been told that by your parents many times.
>
>Boy are you a dumb fuck, Foghorn.
>
>Keep shooting your mouth off there,
>BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Still haven't reached the point in normal child development when you
can see yourself as others see you, have you, fuckwit?

Keep showing us what an absolute asshole you are. You are mildly
amusing when there are commercial breaks.

Nil

On 29 Oct 2011, Mack A. Damia <mybaconbutty@hotmail.com> wrote in
rec.music.beatles:

> This is a forgery as it comes through a remailer.

No it doesn't. You have mis-read the message headers. That mewling
message is from the "real" Frank, if there is such a person.

Mack A. Damia

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 23:20:51 -0400, Nil
<rednoise@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:

>On 29 Oct 2011, Mack A. Damia <mybaconbutty@hotmail.com> wrote in
>rec.music.beatles:
>
>> This is a forgery as it comes through a remailer.
>
>No it doesn't. You have mis-read the message headers. That mewling
>message is from the "real" Frank, if there is such a person.

This is what I see. You may be right.