microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

When double precision is just not enough

NadCixelsyd

11/18/2011 7:21:00 PM

Are there publicly available functions wherein floating-point
arithmetic can be performed on numbers with (for example) 80 digits of
precision? I assume these functions would have their own internal
format, stored, most likely in a VB string. I would need + - * / ^
sqr exp ln sin cos atn, etc. It would be best if these functions were
written in VB itself.
1 Answer

(nobody)

"NadCixelsyd" <nadcixelsyd@aol.com> wrote in message
> Are there publicly available functions wherein floating-point
> arithmetic can be performed on numbers with (for example) 80 digits of
> precision? I assume these functions would have their own internal
> format, stored, most likely in a VB string. I would need + - * / ^
> sqr exp ln sin cos atn, etc. It would be best if these functions were
> written in VB itself.

There are few VB6 based unlimited digits sources in Planet Source Code. Try
searching for "digits", or "large numbers".