BeeJ

11/8/2011 12:36:00 AM

Listbox with forecolor(white) and backcolor(blue) set. MultiSelect
Enabled. No checkboxes or columns.
When the form is resized, the ListBox text flashes.
The ListBox is not being resized or anything else done to it then.
Form AutoRedraw is False.

If I try
Private Declare Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" (ByVal hwndLock
As Long) As Long

LockWindowUpdate lstBox.hWnd

at the start of Resize, how do I unlock without using a timer? Do I
need to? Seems to operate OK while "locked".

And how do I keep the listbox looking like garbage as the form is
rezied over it when LockWindowUpdate lstBox.hWnd is used. Once I
release the statusbar resize handle, the listbox refreshes to present a
correct image, but yuck(technical term) until then.

Additionally, can I call LockWindowUpdate for several different
controls, then how do I unlock one. LockWindowUpdate 0& unlocks all?
Or is there a stack unlocking in the reverse order of locked?

I have a bunch of flashing controls that I would like to squelch (I'm
old so this is in my vocabulary).

5 Answers

Dee Earley

On 08/11/2011 00:36, BeeJ wrote:
> Additionally, can I call LockWindowUpdate for several different
> controls, then how do I unlock one. LockWindowUpdate 0& unlocks all? Or
> is there a stack unlocking in the reverse order of locked?

Don't use LockWindowUpdate
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2007/02/22/17...

For the rest of the related articles:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=oldnewthing+LockWi...

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

BeeJ

Deanna Earley presented the following explanation :
> On 08/11/2011 00:36, BeeJ wrote:
>> Additionally, can I call LockWindowUpdate for several different
>> controls, then how do I unlock one. LockWindowUpdate 0& unlocks all? Or
>> is there a stack unlocking in the reverse order of locked?
>
> Don't use LockWindowUpdate
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2007/02/22/17...
>
> For the rest of the related articles:
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=oldnewthing+LockWi...

Thanks. My googling never saw this. How did you find this?

Dee Earley

On 09/11/2011 15:00, BeeJ wrote:
> Deanna Earley presented the following explanation :
>> On 08/11/2011 00:36, BeeJ wrote:
>>> Additionally, can I call LockWindowUpdate for several different
>>> controls, then how do I unlock one. LockWindowUpdate 0& unlocks all? Or
>>> is there a stack unlocking in the reverse order of locked?
>>
>> Don't use LockWindowUpdate
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2007/02/22/17...
>>
>> For the rest of the related articles:
>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=oldnewthing+LockWi...
>
> Thanks. My googling never saw this. How did you find this?

Experience, and having followed his blog for many years.

--

On 10/11/2011 11:53, Deanna Earley wrote:
> On 09/11/2011 15:00, BeeJ wrote:
>> Deanna Earley presented the following explanation :
>>>
>>> Don't use LockWindowUpdate
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2007/02/22/17...
>>>
>>> For the rest of the related articles:
>>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=oldnewthing+LockWi...
>>
>> Thanks. My googling never saw this. How did you find this?
>
> Experience, and having followed his blog for many years.

And it's the 3rd result on Google for "LockWindowUpdate"

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team
http://www.icode.co.uk...

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

BeeJ

Deanna Earley formulated the question :
> On 10/11/2011 11:53, Deanna Earley wrote:
>> On 09/11/2011 15:00, BeeJ wrote:
>>> Deanna Earley presented the following explanation :

>>> Thanks. My googling never saw this. How did you find this?
>>
>> Experience, and having followed his blog for many years.
>
> And it's the 3rd result on Google for "LockWindowUpdate"

Maybe from your side of the pond.
Thanks for your enlightenment!