Jim Archer

11/7/2011 4:42:00 AM

Anyone know of a way I can load and draw 32-bit icons on anything with an hDC, like a
PictureBox?

Posted with NewsLeecher v4.0 Final
Web @ http://www.newsleecher.c...
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

4 Answers

Thorsten Albers

Jim Archer <nospam@nothanx.com> schrieb im Beitrag
<T6WdnQWKNYsZ_CrTnZ2dnUVZ_oednZ2d@giganews.com>...
> Anyone know of a way I can load and draw 32-bit icons on anything with an
hDC, like a
> PictureBox?

If DrawIcon() or DrawIconEx() does not satisfy your needs then use
GetIconInfo() to retrieve the handles to the two bitmaps of the icon and
use SelectObject(), BitBlt(), etc. to 'draw' the bitmaps to a DC.

--
Thorsten Albers

gudea at gmx.de

Norm Cook

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=67466&am...

"Jim Archer" <nospam@nothanx.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know of a way I can load and draw 32-bit icons on anything with an
> hDC, like a
> PictureBox?
>

> --
> --------------------------------- --- -- -
> Posted with NewsLeecher v4.0 Final
> Web @ http://www.newsleecher.c...
> ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Jim Archer

Thanks guys! Sorry I wasn't more clear. I was actually looking for a control that would let me
load hundreds of icons and put them where I went on a picture box or something else with an
hDC.

I found something at vbaccelerator.com, but it was really buggy. After some more searching I
found an updated version of Steve McMahon's (vbaccelerator.com) image list control on a site
named 10tec.com. This one seems to work well and it's free, with source code! Has anyone used
it?

Posted with NewsLeecher v4.0 Final
Web @ http://www.newsleecher.c...

Abhishek

if you just want to draw a 32-bit icon on form/picturebox then it will be
very easy.