microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

VB5 ListView always scrolls to top when SmallIcon set

(Mike Mitchell)

11/6/2011 11:22:00 AM

I have several SmallIcons in an ImageList connected to a ListView.

Whenever the SmallIcon is set at runtime, e.g.

ListView.ListItems(j).SmallIcon = "success"

the ListView always scrolls back to the top, thus obscuring the icon.

Why don't the ListView items stay as they are, i.e. not scrolled back?

Is this behaviour by design, or an oversight?

I've tried using ListView.ListItems(j).EnsureVisible, but that is
even worse! The whole ListView is constantly redrawn as each item gets
it "success" or "fail" icon.

MM
4 Answers

The Nice Mean Man

On Oct 23, 10:42 pm, Mack A. Damia <mybaconbu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 19:18:34 -0700 (PDT), frschoonover
>

> <frschoono...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Oct 23, 10:01 pm, Lord Valve <detri...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >> Fuck off, most respectfully, you disgusting perv.
>
> >> Got guns?
>
> >> Lord Valve
> >> American - so far
>
> >You are nothing but a troll. That is right, a troll. You like to
> >disrupt the peaceful atmosphere that we have by bringing up things
> >that nobody here is interested in. We are not interested in the
> >private lives of others, including those we admire in music. Nobody
> >here is interested in that. The rest of the group has repeatedly told
> >you this, but you selfishly continue to spread this stuff that nobody
> >in this group wants to hear nor read about.
>
> >This is a music group. It is NOT a group to spread tabloid trash and
> >gossip. There are groups on this site that are like that and this is
> >NOT one of them. It is a music group.
>
> >Please stop this right now. I am not telling you what to do. I am
> >simply giving you a suggestion. We would all appreciate that. Thanks
> >for respecting the wishes of the group. This is the last time that I
> >am going to advise this nicely.Respectfully Frank R.Schoonover
>
> Tell him what to do, Frank.  If I ever got the chance I cut off his
> goddam balls and shove them down his fucking throat.
>
> Lord Valve?  Lord Pud-Puller.- Hide quoted text -

A NIGGER, Mac the RAT. Obama and his whole monkey Kkklan are two-bit
stinking, evil, criminally-minded NIGGERS. Especially him. And there's
NOTHING that he can do about it, let alone you.

I just thought I'd remind you of what country we're living in here.
Where I can speak my mind and no perverted left-wing PRICK can use
TERROR TACTICS (like hate-crime laws) to stifle me! You see, Mac the
RAT... It's like this... They just can't get around that ol' Bill of
Rights! And people like me....? We KNOW THAT!! LOL..!! Forgot about
that the first time you spouted off all of those years ago,
didncha...?!

Obama and his Chicago-bred Ghetto-bound jungle bunny WIFE are NIGGERS.
And I'd give a week’s pay to tell him so to his nasty pencil-necked
muslin face.
But that’ll never happen in a MILLION YEARS, so I just have to find
contentment in telling rotten-assed nigger lovers like YOU. And it IS
my pleasure, Mac the RAT~!!!!! From that day down to this and
forevermore!!

Obama is a dirty, half-white, all coon NIG-NOG NIGGER!!!!

N--I-----double Gee----E--R

The Nice Mean Man

Lord Valve

frschoonover wrote:

> On Oct 23, 10:01 pm, Lord Valve <detri...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >
> > Fuck off, most respectfully, you disgusting perv.
> >
> > Got guns?
> >
> > Lord Valve
> > American - so far
>
> You are nothing but a troll. That is right, a troll. You like to
> disrupt the peaceful atmosphere that we have by bringing up things
> that nobody here is interested in. We are not interested in the
> private lives of others, including those we admire in music. Nobody
> here is interested in that. The rest of the group has repeatedly told
> you this, but you selfishly continue to spread this stuff that nobody
> in this group wants to hear nor read about.
>
> This is a music group. It is NOT a group to spread tabloid trash and
> gossip. There are groups on this site that are like that and this is
> NOT one of them. It is a music group.
>
> Please stop this right now. I am not telling you what to do. I am
> simply giving you a suggestion. We would all appreciate that. Thanks
> for respecting the wishes of the group. This is the last time that I
> am going to advise this nicely.Respectfully Frank R.Schoonover.

Please go fuck yourself with a garden implement.
I am not telling you what to do, I am simply giving
you a suggestion. We would all appreciate that. Thanks
for respecting the wishes of civilized NON-perverted
musicians everywhere, rather than a pack of arrested-
development Beatless worshippers who border on
your own icky beliefs. This is the last time that I am
going to advise this nicely. Respectfully, Someone
who Knows what a disgusting perverted FUCK Upchuck
Berry is, and also knows what a joke his "music" is.

Got guns?

Lord Valve
American - so far

Lord Valve

"Mack A. Damia" wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 19:18:34 -0700 (PDT), frschoonover
> <frschoonover@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >On Oct 23, 10:01 pm, Lord Valve <detri...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Fuck off, most respectfully, you disgusting perv.
> >>
> >> Got guns?
> >>
> >> Lord Valve
> >> American - so far
> >
> >You are nothing but a troll. That is right, a troll. You like to
> >disrupt the peaceful atmosphere that we have by bringing up things
> >that nobody here is interested in. We are not interested in the
> >private lives of others, including those we admire in music. Nobody
> >here is interested in that. The rest of the group has repeatedly told
> >you this, but you selfishly continue to spread this stuff that nobody
> >in this group wants to hear nor read about.
> >
> >This is a music group. It is NOT a group to spread tabloid trash and
> >gossip. There are groups on this site that are like that and this is
> >NOT one of them. It is a music group.
> >
> >Please stop this right now. I am not telling you what to do. I am
> >simply giving you a suggestion. We would all appreciate that. Thanks
> >for respecting the wishes of the group. This is the last time that I
> >am going to advise this nicely.Respectfully Frank R.Schoonover
>
> Tell him what to do, Frank. If I ever got the chance I cut off his
> goddam balls and shove them down his fucking throat.

Ready when you are, son:

Willie Whittaker
NBS Electronics
230 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80209-1510
303-778-1156

Wear something nice for the occasion - I'd suggest
Kevlar, although that won't protect your face.

Got guns?

Lord Valve
American - so far

(Mike Mitchell)

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 11:22:24 +0000, MM <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>I have several SmallIcons in an ImageList connected to a ListView.
>
>Whenever the SmallIcon is set at runtime, e.g.
>
> ListView.ListItems(j).SmallIcon = "success"
>
>the ListView always scrolls back to the top, thus obscuring the icon.
>
>Why don't the ListView items stay as they are, i.e. not scrolled back?
>
>Is this behaviour by design, or an oversight?
>
>I've tried using ListView.ListItems(j).EnsureVisible, but that is
>even worse! The whole ListView is constantly redrawn as each item gets
>it "success" or "fail" icon.
>
>MM

Fixed!

ListView.ListItems(j).Selected = True
ListView.ListItems(j).SmallIcon = "success"
ListView.ListItems(j).Selected = False

It works if I set Selected = True before setting the icon.

MM