microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

StatusBar and a RT Editor

BeeJ

11/5/2011 5:51:00 PM

(1) Still having problems with StatusBar on a form.
I keep getting an error that seems to be not really a hard error.
But each time it wants me to save the form with the status bar.
I see no difference in what I am looking at.
I think this was dicussed before but I don't think I saw any resolution
I understood. Hoping the back of someone's brain has mulled this and
has a explaination or resolution I can understand.
The IDE generates a .Log with the following contents.
Line 480: Property Left in sbrStatus could not be set.
Line 480: Property Width in sbrStatus could not be set.

(2) I am editing some large RTF files I display in a RichTextBox. All
is well except when I am editing in WordPad or OO Writer I have
difficulty scanning the text visually. Is there an RTF editor that
visually shows the indents etc, and tabs as in-text indicators say by
pastel coloring or some such so that I can easily see the true
formatting? Free? Getting tired of clicking on a line and resizing
WordPad to see line wraps.

1 Answer

Dee Earley

On 05/11/2011 17:50, BeeJ wrote:
> (1) Still having problems with StatusBar on a form.
> I keep getting an error that seems to be not really a hard error.
> But each time it wants me to save the form with the status bar.
> I see no difference in what I am looking at.
> I think this was dicussed before but I don't think I saw any resolution
> I understood. Hoping the back of someone's brain has mulled this and has
> a explaination or resolution I can understand.
> The IDE generates a .Log with the following contents.
> Line 480: Property Left in sbrStatus could not be set.
> Line 480: Property Width in sbrStatus could not be set.

IT looks like a bug in the IDE and/or control when it's docked.
Try undocking and redocking it, or manually editing the .frm file to
remove those properties for that control.

> (2) I am editing some large RTF files I display in a RichTextBox. All is
> well except when I am editing in WordPad or OO Writer I have difficulty
> scanning the text visually. Is there an RTF editor that visually shows
> the indents etc, and tabs as in-text indicators say by pastel coloring
> or some such so that I can easily see the true formatting? Free? Getting
> tired of clicking on a line and resizing WordPad to see line wraps.

Most full word processors (except wordpad) have the option to show
special characters. I have no idea what the option is in OO.org but Word
uses Ctrl+Shift+8 (It says Ctrl+* but it doesn't accept the keypad's *)

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems