extrnh

10/26/2011 4:46:00 PM

i am having a problem with the getobject function in windows 7 using
vb exe compiled in vb6.0. i am using the getobject function to load
an excel workbook that is opened. here is the code:

' If Excel is running this API call returns its handle.
lngHwnd = FindWindowA("XLMAIN", 0)
If lngHwnd = 0 Then ' 0 means Excel not
running.
' this should not occur, but display error message and exit if
it does
MsgBox "Excel is not loaded.." & vbCrLf & "Open Excel before
changing version."
CurrentAddin = "error"
Else
' Excel is running so use the SendMessage API
' function to enter it in the Running Object Table.
SendMessageA lngHwnd, WM_USER + 18, 0, 0
Set objXLWkbk = GetObject(strWkBk)
.
.
.
Endif

the problem is with the GetObject(strWkBk) call (strWkBk is the path
to an open excel workbook). the getobject function opens a new
instatnce of excel and tries to open the file and then the open read
only message appears. note that this same logic has worked fine for
years on XP, using the same version of excel (2010, version = 14). i
need to load the workbook using the existing instance of excel, not
create a new one. have seen some postings regarding similar issues
but not exactly the same. from these postings i found the info
regarding entering the instance of excel in the ROT, but that does
not
work. this occurrs on windows 7 professional, 64 bit. note that the
logic works fine when running in the debugger, but not when running
the exe. Any ideas?

17 Answers

spoonful2

On May 19, 6:31?pm, Michael Schey <msche...@nospamYahoo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 18:30:04 -0700 (PDT), spoonful2
>
> <spoonf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Start - 20:24
>
> >1. Badlands
> >2. Candy's Room
> >3. Outlaw Pete
> >4. Jackson Cage
> >5. She's The One
> >6. Working On A Dream
> >7. Seeds
> >8. Johnny 99
> >9. Youngstown
> >10. Good Lovin'
> >11. Like A Rolling Stone - Wow....
>
> ok folks. ?How many years have I been saying that Bruce and the band
> should cover this song. ?FINALLY. ?Incredible. ?http://michaelschey.blo...

My friend just called me...said the Good Lovin'/Rolling STone was
KILLER

spoonful2

Max from the start. No Patti.

Start - 20:24

1. Badlands
2. Candy's Room
3. Outlaw Pete
4. Jackson Cage
5. She's The One
6. Working On A Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. Youngstown
10. Good Lovin'
11. Like A Rolling Stone
12. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
13. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
14. The Promised Land

I'm gonna go see the Allman Bros...someone else can take over. Seems
like a smoking show.

Denise

Start - 20:24

1. Badlands
2. Candy's Room
3. Outlaw Pete
4. Jackson Cage
5. She's The One
6. Working On A Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. Youngstown
10. Good Lovin'
11. Like A Rolling Stone
12. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
13. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
14. The Promised Land
15. I'm On Fire
16. Kingdom Of Days

Denise

Start - 20:24

1. Badlands
2. Candy's Room
3. Outlaw Pete
4. Jackson Cage
5. She's The One
6. Working On A Dream
7. Seeds
8. Johnny 99
9. Youngstown
10. Good Lovin'
11. Like A Rolling Stone
12. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
13. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
14. The Promised Land
15. I'm On Fire
16. Kingdom Of Days
17. Lonesome Day
18. The Rising

fvicarel3

I dont think I've heard Bruce do Rolling STone.....great f8cking gon!

oscarmad1049

Last night on the late report on MLB.com, they put up a picture of
Pirate outfielder Brandon Moss with the header: "Pittsburgh: Like A
Rolling Stone", in a lame attempt at an analogy that a rolling stone
gathers no Moss.

This is obviously a coincidence (right?).

FerretBill

On May 19, 9:38 pm, "A to Z" <addietzREM...@SPAMFILTERverizon.net>
wrote:
> "spoonful2" <spoonf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Start - 20:24
>
> > 1. Badlands
> > 2. Candy's Room
> > 3. Outlaw Pete
> > 4. Jackson Cage
> > 5. She's The One
> > 6. Working On A Dream
> > 7. Seeds
> > 8. Johnny 99
> > 9. Youngstown
> > 10. Good Lovin'
> > 11. Like A Rolling Stone - Wow....
>
> someone will have to ask, how did it feeeel?

Sweet, really really sweet. We were driving to the venue talking about
songs we wanted to hear. I knew LARS had been practiced, so that was
my longshot, and we both really wanted to hear Darkness as it had been
a while since we had seen that. As a one two, they worked fantastic. I
would not b surprised if Rolling Stone shows up in Jersey one night.
Hopefully the second night. Hearing arguably the greatest live band
(over a 3 year period at least) play what is arguably the greatest R&R
song, and playing it very very well, was really really sweet.

Also, a realy cool but odd thing during the sign selection. I had a
big sign that said "Happy Birthday Pete Townshend" that I held up at
the appropriate moment. I was all the way on the rail on Roy's side
holding it up. When a roadie behind the barrier to my right tapped me
on the shoulder and handed me a guitar pick, I said thanks and looked
at it. It had Pete Townshend's name on it.

This really was a great show.

D. Rusnak

YES!! Denise! I was here.

Like a Rolling Stone!

Tears my eyes!

beautiful.

Oh! so good to see, Deb Elliott again!

deb

On May 20, 3:29 pm, FerretBill <Wink...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On May 19, 9:38 pm, "A to Z" <addietzREM...@SPAMFILTERverizon.net>
> wrote:
>

> > "spoonful2" <spoonf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Start - 20:24
>
> > > 1. Badlands
> > > 2. Candy's Room
> > > 3. Outlaw Pete
> > > 4. Jackson Cage
> > > 5. She's The One
> > > 6. Working On A Dream
> > > 7. Seeds
> > > 8. Johnny 99
> > > 9. Youngstown
> > > 10. Good Lovin'
> > > 11. Like A Rolling Stone - Wow....
>
> > someone will have to ask, how did it feeeel?
>
> Sweet, really really sweet. We were driving to the venue talking about
> songs we wanted to hear. I knew LARS had been practiced, so that was
> my longshot, and we both really wanted to hear Darkness as it had been
> a while since we had seen that. As a one two, they worked fantastic. I
> would not b surprised if Rolling Stone shows up in Jersey one night.
> Hopefully the second night. Hearing arguably the greatest live band
> (over a 3 year period at least) play what is arguably the greatest R&R
> song, and playing it very very well, was really really sweet.
>
> Also, a realy cool but odd thing during the sign selection. I had a
> big sign that said "Happy Birthday Pete Townshend" that I held up at
> the appropriate moment. I was all the way on the rail on Roy's side
> holding it up. When a roadie behind the barrier to my right tapped me
> on the shoulder and handed me a guitar pick, I said thanks and looked
> at it. It had Pete Townshend's name on it.
>
> This really was a great show.- Hide quoted text -

D. Rusnak

Sorry for the mistakes. It wasn't proofread.

:-/

deb -- Damn Stroke, Pa

YAYYYY!