BeeJ

10/23/2011 9:22:00 PM

I have an Panasonic BL-C1A IP cam that displays the controls and video
in a web browser.
What do I need to learn to be able to take the image and maybe the
control functions into a VB6 app. If only the image, that would be
very usable.
Since the IP camera does nothing special except motion detect or not, I
am going to implement my own motion detect and Mail, using CDO, an
image to myself.
Any sample code or terminology terms to search on would be helpful.
I already have code I wrote to do the motion detection for a webcam
that I can easily adapt so I don't need that.
I have fiddled with the browser control a little but need more help in
that area since there does not seem to much out there.

3 Answers

Dee Earley

On 23/10/2011 22:22, BeeJ wrote:
> I have an Panasonic BL-C1A IP cam that displays the controls and video
> in a web browser.
> What do I need to learn to be able to take the image and maybe the
> control functions into a VB6 app. If only the image, that would be very
> usable.

Welcome to the world of IP CCTV (see my signature :)

The Panasonic cameras have soem infor in their manual on getting raw
images and controlling it, but basically:
Single JPEG image: /SnapshotJPEG?mode=Refresh
Motion JPEG stream: /cgi-bin/nphContinuousServerPush?Resolution=640x480
Movement: /nphControlCamera?Direction=TiltDown/Up/PanLeft/Right
/nphControlCamera?Direction=HomePosition

They also have both a C and an HTTP API/SDK available.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

Jim Archer

If you can get your browser directly to an image, such as a JPEG, I would use the Microsoft
Internet Transfer Control (ActiveX). It's basic, but it allows you to also supply credentials
to the web server for the camera. I could send you my source if you want. It's just a
display app. for 2 of our home HTTP camera servers, nothing special. You can email me at
karazeedude69 at-sign-here yahoo.com.

You won't be able to grab 30 frames a second or anything, but you might be able to do like 5
frames a second. To get actual video from it is over my head, but I do own a control called
VideoCapX (www.fathsoft.com) I use for DirectShow/VfW stuff to record full motion from an
analog security camera. Anyway, the developer actually replies, which is amazing nowadays.
It's suppose to do web cam stuff too, but I haven't messed with that part. Now if the web cam
is connected directly by USB, then you should be able to record video at 30 fps with at least
640x480 resolution using VideoCapX through real DirectShow drivers. You just have to use a
decent codec.

>I have an Panasonic BL-C1A IP cam that displays the controls and video
>in a web browser.
>What do I need to learn to be able to take the image and maybe the
>control functions into a VB6 app. If only the image, that would be
>very usable.
>Since the IP camera does nothing special except motion detect or not, I
>am going to implement my own motion detect and Mail, using CDO, an
>image to myself.
>Any sample code or terminology terms to search on would be helpful.
>I already have code I wrote to do the motion detection for a webcam
>that I can easily adapt so I don't need that.
>I have fiddled with the browser control a little but need more help in
>that area since there does not seem to much out there.

Posted with NewsLeecher v4.0 Final
Web @ http://www.newsleecher.c...
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

BeeJ

Jim Archer explained on 10/26/2011 :
> If you can get your browser directly to an image, such as a JPEG, I would use
> the Microsoft Internet Transfer Control (ActiveX). It's basic, but it
> allows you to also supply credentials to the web server for the camera. I
> could send you my source if you want. It's just a display app. for 2 of our
> home HTTP camera servers, nothing special. You can email me at
> karazeedude69 at-sign-here yahoo.com.
>
> You won't be able to grab 30 frames a second or anything, but you might be
> able to do like 5 frames a second. To get actual video from it is over my
> head, but I do own a control called VideoCapX (www.fathsoft.com) I use for
> DirectShow/VfW stuff to record full motion from an analog security camera.
> Anyway, the developer actually replies, which is amazing nowadays. It's
> suppose to do web cam stuff too, but I haven't messed with that part. Now if
> the web cam is connected directly by USB, then you should be able to record
> video at 30 fps with at least 640x480 resolution using VideoCapX through
> real DirectShow drivers. You just have to use a decent codec.
>
>> I have an Panasonic BL-C1A IP cam that displays the controls and video
>> in a web browser.
>> What do I need to learn to be able to take the image and maybe the
>> control functions into a VB6 app. If only the image, that would be
>> very usable.
>> Since the IP camera does nothing special except motion detect or not, I
>> am going to implement my own motion detect and Mail, using CDO, an
>> image to myself.
>> Any sample code or terminology terms to search on would be helpful.
>> I already have code I wrote to do the motion detection for a webcam
>> that I can easily adapt so I don't need that.
>> I have fiddled with the browser control a little but need more help in
>> that area since there does not seem to much out there.

Thanks. expect an email.

Both sound interesting.

I already have fully implemented web cam capability. There are lots of
examples out there. I have an app I wrote the does motion detection on
multiple image areas and can capture video or stills at a very good
rate. I can do stop motion or time-lapse too. All too much fun.
Motion is detected in an area and that area has a related selectable
function: send email of image, operate X10 device, operate a DMX device
or a USB interface.

But I want to try to do motion detection on the IP camera to catch
motion and eMail myself the image. All I need is access to the IP
Camera.