Mayayana

10/6/2011 2:34:00 AM

I don't know whether this is of interest to people,
since few here seem to be interested in Internet-related
software, but I finally uploaded a sample VB project of
mime filter code. Several people offered help in the course
of the project... then I got sidetracked...finally it's done.

The basics are surprisingly simple, stable and efficient, though
poorly documented.
I find that I can parse and edit a 200KB +- webpage in the
blink of an eye, then pass it on to IE without issues. Microsoft
has designed the whole IE system with this functionality in
mind.

The mime filter sample code itself doesn't do any parsing .
It is just code for the "engine" -- the code required to build a
mime filter that gets access to all IE pages. What one does
with that access is another issue. For that matter, it doesn't
even have to be a webpage filter. One can also decide to
handle other content types. (XML, JPG, etc.)

There was so little info. and code available for this that
I think this may be the only accurate and reasonably
complete code sample available anywhere. (Microsoft has a
sample that's accurate, but merely cursory. The one other
sample I found was not even close to being functional.)

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode....

And of course, it's yet another thing that can't be
done in .Bloat. :)