BeeJ

9/8/2011 5:49:00 AM

My new keyboard is missing the Break key.
Yes it is a M$ keyboard.
They are trying to get me to switch away from VB6.

So how do I do a Ctrl-Break?

The Pause key does does Scroll Lock Off when I click Ctrl-Pause.
It's a M$ Wireless 5000 set.

I need long range (~10 feet) wireless for my setup.

This is not OT since I am trying to do VB6 developement.
lol

P.S. i am pissed since I just had to redo my system. Vista wore out my
HD for the second time so I opted for Win7. The disk light seems to
stay off most of the time. Put in a military grade motherboard and
industrial HD for the C: drive (WD5003ABYX 500 GB 7200 RPM 64MB cache
with 5 yeaar warranty). And yes I had everything backed up all over
the palce so I am not at a loss except for moolah and time.

4 Answers

Mayayana

| So how do I do a Ctrl-Break?
|
| The Pause key does does Scroll Lock Off when I click Ctrl-Pause.
| It's a M$ Wireless 5000 set.

Is that a trick question? You've got a faulty keyboard
and you want to know how to press the keys in a
non-faulty way? You could compile a quick test to see
what messages you're getting.

Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
Label1.Caption = CStr(KeyCode)
End Sub

Scroll Lock (Unlock) is 145. Pause/Break is 19.
When pressed with Ctrl it's 3. On my keyboard,
Scroll/Lock also sends 3 when pressed with Ctrl.
And it also works as a break key for VB.

| P.S. i am pissed since I just had to redo my system. Vista wore out my
| HD for the second time so I opted for Win7. The disk light seems to
| stay off most of the time.

Do you check services? XP has dozens of useless
services. Vista/7 is "bloat city" in every respect. There
are lots of new services. Most shouldn't be needed
if you're not on a network. Many others are not needed
anyway. One of the disk wasters is the indexing
service. It runs the disk, creating a database for
Windows Find, which then can't find things anyway.

Put in a military grade motherboard and
| industrial HD for the C: drive (WD5003ABYX 500 GB 7200 RPM 64MB cache
| with 5 yeaar warranty). And yes I had everything backed up all over
| the palce so I am not at a loss except for moolah and time.

BeeJ

Thans for the clues. I will build an app to text.

phil_mac

Ctrl-Fn-F12

On 8/09/2011 3:49 PM, BeeJ wrote:
> My new keyboard is missing the Break key.
> Yes it is a M$ keyboard.
> They are trying to get me to switch away from VB6.
>
> So how do I do a Ctrl-Break?
>
> The Pause key does does Scroll Lock Off when I click Ctrl-Pause.
> It's a M$ Wireless 5000 set.
>
> I need long range (~10 feet) wireless for my setup.
>
> This is not OT since I am trying to do VB6 developement.
> lol
>

> P.S. i am pissed since I just had to redo my system. Vista wore out my HD for
> the second time so I opted for Win7. The disk light seems to stay off most of
> the time. Put in a military grade motherboard and industrial HD for the C: drive
> (WD5003ABYX 500 GB 7200 RPM 64MB cache with 5 yeaar warranty). And yes I had
> everything backed up all over the palce so I am not at a loss except for moolah
> and time.

BeeJ

Thanks!