microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Create Tabular Results From Value Pairs Web Services for ListView

Spero

8/20/2011 2:40:00 AM

This is tricky and it is the first time I have ever run into it so
help is greatly needed!!!!!!

I am using a web services soap request on a customers server, there is
no changing the WSDL so I have to work around this. I can see
shipments for the day but the response is always in a pair and I need
to convert to a tabular sheet (ie: excel type).

The response looks like:

First Name Bob
First Name Ted
First Name Frank
First Name Bill
First Name Joe
First Name Tom
Last Name Smith
Last Name Jones
Last Name Roberts
Last Name Black
Last Name Torre
Last Name Jetta
State FL
State FL
State NC
State NC
State CA
State CA
Tracking 12345
Tracking 6789
Tracking 12342
Tracking 123234
Tracking 23124
Tracking 2112

How can I flip this in VB to put in a listview like this

First Name | Last Name | State | Tracking

Bob Smith FL 12345
Ted Jones FL 6789
Frank Roberts NC 12342
Bill Black NC 123234
Joe Torre CA 23124
Tom Jetta CA 2112

Again I can not change the wsdl, not sure if this is an array or what
but it will always run in the way that the first "first name" aligns
to the first "second name" to first "state" to first "zip" and so
on......

Thanks!
2 Answers

(nobody)

"Spero" <robspero@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am using a web services soap request on a customers server, there is
> no changing the WSDL so I have to work around this. I can see
> shipments for the day but the response is always in a pair and I need
> to convert to a tabular sheet (ie: excel type).

Although web services can be used with VB6, I think that you are using a dot
net version of VB. This group deals with VB6 and lower only. For VB.Net, use
this forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/vi...

(nobody)

Multiposted to: