Mayayana

8/10/2011 10:06:00 PM

Mime filter project:

It's worked fine on XP but now testing on XP IE8
with NTFS file system and on Win7 with IE8. In
both cases the DLL loads, but crashes. In IE8
on XP NTFS I got an error 5 with this as the
error line:

movzx dx,byte ptr [ecx+eax]

I'm wondering if I might be running afoul of DEP. I
keep DEP disabled on my own system, but haven't
made any changes on the other systems.

The only culprit I can think of is the use of
ReplaceVTableEntry to redirect vTable pointers.
But there's no assembly involved, so I don't see
where I'd be executing from a data address.

Any thoughts from the C++ crowd?