avi

8/3/2011 7:22:00 PM

Hello,

I have a one dimensional array of numeric values that I want to re-
code according to a rule that appears in a 3 dimensional array where
each row contains 2 values that form a range and a 3rd value to which
to convert the values in the one dimensional array if they lay in that
range

For example
The one dimensional array could be (3,5,6)
The two first rows in the 3 dimensional array could be [(1,4,57),
(5,7,88)]

The resulting new one dimensional array would be: 57,88,88

Any help with an efficient code will be appreciated

Avi
1 Answer

GS

avi brought next idea :
> Hello,
>
> I have a one dimensional array of numeric values that I want to re-
> code according to a rule that appears in a 3 dimensional array where
> each row contains 2 values that form a range and a 3rd value to which
> to convert the values in the one dimensional array if they lay in that
> range
>
> For example
> The one dimensional array could be (3,5,6)
> The two first rows in the 3 dimensional array could be [(1,4,57),
> (5,7,88)]
>
> The resulting new one dimensional array would be: 57,88,88
>
> Any help with an efficient code will be appreciated
>
> Avi

See the reply in '...excel.programming'

--
Garry