comp.lang.c++

MSC_VER

moongeegee

12/10/2008 2:29:00 PM

I use Visual Studio 2005. The MSC_VER is default define. I like to
undefine it. Please advice.
thanks
4 Answers

red floyd

moongeegee wrote:
> I use Visual Studio 2005. The MSC_VER is default define. I like to
> undefine it. Please advice.
> thanks

RTFM.

That is, MSVC comes with a ton of on-line documentation and a large and
reasonably useful help system.

Have you even looked?

binn.chang@gmail.com

On 12?10?, ??10?28?, moongeegee <moongee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use Visual Studio 2005. The MSC_VER is default define. I like to
> undefine it. Please advice.
> thanks

MSC_VER defines the compiler version.
Defined as 1200 for Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. Always
defined.

The _MSC_VER macro will have one of the following values depending
upon the particular Microsoft compiler:

Compiler
_MSC_VER value
--------
--------------
C Compiler version
6.0 600
C/C++ compiler version
7.0 700
Visual C++, Windows, version
1.0 800
Visual C++, 32-bit, version
1.0 800
Visual C++, Windows, version
2.0 900
Visual C++, 32-bit, version
2.x 900
Visual C++, 32-bit, version
4.0 1000
Visual C++, 32-bit, version
5.0 1100
Visual C++, 32-bit, version
6.0 1200

peter koch

On 10 Dec., 15:28, moongeegee <moongee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use Visual Studio 2005. The MSC_VER  is default define. I like to
> undefine it. Please advice.
> thanks

Dont. Changing or undefining compilerspecific defines can give you
serious trouble.

/Peter

sheldonlg

On 6/25/2014 5:18 AM, henry.dot.goodman.at.virgin.net wrote:

> As I read it nobody is proposing making circumcision compulsory; the dispute is between the father who wants to have a bris and the mother who doesn't.
> Henry Goodman

That is a different problem and a very difficult problem to choose a
side, since their rights are equal. I guess I would have to come down
on the side of the father.

--
Shelly