comp.lang.c++

LD_PRELOAD problem

DJ Dharme

Can I load a different library function for a c++ function using
LD_PRELOAD. i.e the function is not declared as extern "C".

ex:-

void MyClass::LookupValue(int iID, int& iValue)
{

}

This method in defined in a dynamic library. Can I override it with
LD_PRELOAD
3 Answers

DJ Dharme

On Dec 9, 2:54 pm, DJ Dharme <donjuandharmap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>       Can I load a different library function for a c++ function using
> LD_PRELOAD. i.e the function is not declared as extern "C".
>
> ex:-
>
> void MyClass::LookupValue(int iID, int& iValue)
> {
>
> }
>
> This method in defined in a dynamic library. Can I override it with
> LD_PRELOAD

Thanks in Advance

DJD

Ian Collins

DJ Dharme wrote:
> Hi,
> Can I load a different library function for a c++ function using
> LD_PRELOAD. i.e the function is not declared as extern "C".

I see you have also asked on comp.unix.programmer, which is where this
question belongs. Please don't multi-post.

--
Ian Collins

DJ Dharme

On Dec 9, 3:19 pm, Ian Collins <ian-n...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> DJ Dharme wrote:
> > Hi,
> >       Can I load a different library function for a c++ function using
> > LD_PRELOAD. i.e the function is not declared as extern "C".
>
> I see you have also asked on comp.unix.programmer, which is where this
> question belongs.  Please don't multi-post.
>
> --
> Ian Collins

Yes I have posted this question in comp.unix.programmer and then
thought this also belongs to c++. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

DJD