comp.lang.python

Installing Python2.4 on RHEL4?

Eric B.

I appologize if this is slightly OT, but I am really struggling to figure
out how to install Python2.4 on RHEL4. To make matters worse, the RHEL4
machine is a 64bit architecture.

I search pyvault, but they only have for .i386. Does anyone know where /
how I can find Python2.4 for RHEL4 x64?

If there is a better place to be asking this question, please let me know,
and I will redirect my queries elsewhere.

Thanks so much.

Eric

2 Answers

Jarek Zgoda

Eric B. pisze:

> I appologize if this is slightly OT, but I am really struggling to figure
> out how to install Python2.4 on RHEL4. To make matters worse, the RHEL4
> machine is a 64bit architecture.
>
> I search pyvault, but they only have for .i386. Does anyone know where /
> how I can find Python2.4 for RHEL4 x64?

If you would not find a binary Python 2.4 package, you can always build
your own and package it. Why not?

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://zgo...

"We read Knuth so you don't have to" - Tim Peters

Eric B.

"Jarek Zgoda" <jzgoda@o2.usun.pl> wrote in message
> Eric B. pisze:
>
>> I appologize if this is slightly OT, but I am really struggling to figure
>> out how to install Python2.4 on RHEL4. To make matters worse, the RHEL4
>> machine is a 64bit architecture.
>>
>> I search pyvault, but they only have for .i386. Does anyone know where /
>> how I can find Python2.4 for RHEL4 x64?
>
> If you would not find a binary Python 2.4 package, you can always build
> your own and package it. Why not?

Because I don't have a development x64 environment to build it. :( Only a
production server with no compilation tools on it.
Hence my need to ideally find a binary x64 distribution of it.

Unless someone knows of a way to build a 64bit distribution from within a
32bit system?

Thanks,

Eric