Hoe is complaining about the README.markdown file

Raj Singh

6/15/2009 8:40:00 PM

I have released a gem on github.
http://github.com/neerajdotname/javascript_lab/t...

sudo gem install neerajdotname-javascript_lab
$> javascript_lab

This gem works. However hoe failed somewhere in README.markdown.

This is the error I get.

> rake check_manifest
(in /Users/nkumar/dev/working/javascript_lab)
** README.markdown is missing or in the wrong format for auto-intuiting.
run `sow blah` and look at its text files
rm -r doc
rm -r pkg
exclude entry missing from .hoerc. Aborting.

README.markdown is there. So it must auto-intuiting thing. I did 'sow
README.markdown' but could not understand the output very well.

Any thoughts on how to fix my README.

Aaron Patterson

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 05:39:58AM +0900, Raj Singh wrote:
> I have released a gem on github.
> http://github.com/neerajdotname/javascript_lab/t...
>
> sudo gem install neerajdotname-javascript_lab
> $> javascript_lab
>
> This gem works. However hoe failed somewhere in README.markdown.
>
> This is the error I get.
>
> > rake check_manifest
> (in /Users/nkumar/dev/working/javascript_lab)
> ** README.markdown is missing or in the wrong format for auto-intuiting.
> run `sow blah` and look at its text files
> rm -r doc
> rm -r pkg
> exclude entry missing from .hoerc. Aborting.
>

> README.markdown is there. So it must auto-intuiting thing. I did 'sow
> README.markdown' but could not understand the output very well.
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix my README.

Basically you are missing the URL from your readme.

I've forked your repository, fixed the README and improved your
Rakefile:

http://github.com/tenderlove/javascript_lab/commit/4fc35caa77d65cf68b835c8214e8cc...

Your Rakefile is now shorter, and you no longer have to repeat the
summary, description, and urls!

Hope that helps!

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovem...

James Britt

Aaron Patterson wrote:

> I've forked your repository, fixed the README and improved your
> Rakefile:
>
> http://github.com/tenderlove/javascript_lab/commit/4fc35caa77d65cf68b835c8214e8cc...
>
> Your Rakefile is now shorter, and you no longer have to repeat the
> summary, description, and urls!
>
> Hope that helps!

Wow.

I tried

sudo gem i aaron_patterson

but it failed.

Where's the gem that will fix my code for me?

:)

--
James Britt

www.neurogami.com - Smart application development

John Barnette

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:57 PM, James Britt<james.britt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow.
>
> I tried
>
> =C2=A0sudo gem i aaron_patterson
>
> but it failed.
>

> Where's the gem that will fix my code for me?

I suggest forking http://github.com/jbarnette/dr-nic-mag... and
releasing an Aaron-specific version. ;)

~ j.

Donna

On Oct 21, 3:32 pm, marcus <marcus...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 21, 9:43 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:19:41 -0700 (PDT), Billy
>
> > I've heard several commentators predict a Romney-Cain Republican.
> > ticket.  I think that's very naive.  The Cain part, that it.
>
> > thats sweet, but, has Chris Matthews stepped back from his stance that
> > the Tea Party is racist?
>
> > I doubt it.-
>
> Why should he...THEY ARE!!!

MARCUS??!! You, too??!! :(

I was so much better off when I didn't ever open these political
threads. They don't belong here. And a lot of what is being said, by
people who act as if they know what is in the hearts and souls of
others, by people who have no idea what they're talking about, makes
me very sad... and sometimes pretty angry. So does all of this in-
house fighting, political or otherwise. It's just more straws on the
camel's back. I'm just so tired of this. I just wanted to spend some
leisurely time here and have some fun... share with other Beatle fans,
make a few cyber-friends, maybe learn some new info. But this
stereotyping, this name-calling, this finger-pointing, these
accusations that just fly around here have just gone beyond what's
tolerable.

I saw Godspell on Broadway last night. It was wonderfully performed,
and probably one of the best and most meaningful shows I've ever
seen... and I've seen many. The beautiful message that it brought is
so contradictory to what I see going on here. Maybe I'm a little bit
more sensitive and aware of it right now, but reading many of the
heated posts over the past two days or so have just made me feel weary
and sad. Overall, there's just too little respect for one another
here.