comp.lang.python

Re: sorting question

jcnbp8k

3/14/2008 2:24:00 AM

Hi Patty,

That's easy solved, the word is keyboards.

I just did a google search for 'anagram solver' and got lucky with Andy's
free online anagram solver at http://www.ssynth.co.uk/~gay/an...
:)

I know it's not a python script, though are you actually working on a python
program to de-scramble words yourself or did you just want the answer?

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Joe
http://www.neosou... www.neosource.com.au - Practical Software
Solutions

Patty Sutcliffe wrote:

> The website you list regarding 9-letter scrambled words doesn't exist any
> longer. Is there another way that I can access it to see your program you
> designed? I have a nine letter work I need to unscramble. I will send it
> just in case you can figure it out for me and let me know.
>
> KAEOSYBRD
>
> I'm not very good at that sort of thing, but would love to know the answer
> to this one.
>
> Thank you,
> Patty
> patty206@charter.net

Timothy Adams" <teadams65

Seems 'KEYBOARDS' works nicely

--
-- Andrew

"jcnbp8k" <joe@neosource.com.au> wrote in message

> Hi Patty,
>
> That's easy solved, the word is keyboards.
>
> I just did a google search for 'anagram solver' and got lucky with Andy's
> free online anagram solver at http://www.ssynth.co.uk/~gay/an...
> :)
>
> I know it's not a python script, though are you actually working on a
> python
> program to de-scramble words yourself or did you just want the answer?
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joe
> http://www.neosou... www.neosource.com.au - Practical Software
> Solutions
>

> Patty Sutcliffe wrote:
>>
>> The website you list regarding 9-letter scrambled words doesn't exist any
>> longer. Is there another way that I can access it to see your program
>> you
>> designed? I have a nine letter work I need to unscramble. I will send
>> it
>> just in case you can figure it out for me and let me know.
>>
>> KAEOSYBRD
>>
>> I'm not very good at that sort of thing, but would love to know the
>> answer
>> to this one.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Patty
>> patty206@charter.net
>>

>> --

Steven D'Aprano

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:37:00 -0500, "Andrew Rekdal" wrote:

> Seems 'KEYBOARDS' works nicely

> > That's easy solved, the word is keyboards.

Hmmm... using my incredible powers of deduction, I predict that the word
is "keyboards".

--
Steven

Stefan Behnel

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:37:00 -0500, "Andrew Rekdal" wrote:
>
>> Seems 'KEYBOARDS' works nicely

>>> That's easy solved, the word is keyboards.
>
> Hmmm... using my incredible powers of deduction, I predict that the word
> is "keyboards".

Ah, come on, you spoiled it!

Stefan

gemjack

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 10:07:21 -0400, moonpie <mr_rc_moonpie@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Rajas point of view is not only close-minded, its actually kind of
>insulting to guitarists... that unless you can play super fast, you
>don't deserve to be in a "good" band.

And that's what gets me. I can understand a non-musician judging
music he/she doesn't care for, but to claim that George can't play or
that the Beatles would have benefited from having a guitarist that can
shred, well that's just plain stupid.

-gj

Jeff

On Oct 21, 11:26 am, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 21, 8:23 am, Gemini Jackson <geminijackso...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > >I can't here this as I am at work. I will check out your links, but I
> > >highly doubt Harrison had enough talent to shred like Hendrix, Page,
> > >Howe, Blackmore etc.

> > It's much easier to 'shred' than to play carefully, articulate guitar
> > with notes varying in tone and resonance benefiting the song.  I'm no
> > great guitarist (moonpie has much more talent & experience), but I AM
> > a guitarist and feel your take on this whole thing is quite ignorant.
>
> > -gj
>
> Do you honestly think any of the Beatles songs would be spoilt by
> having a technically sound and memorable guitar solo/riff? Didnt
> Clapton play on a Harrsion song and made it much better than it would
> have been?
>
> This bullshit of he did the right thing for the band can be applied to
> anyone. He was perfect for the band can be applied to any member from
> any band, if that member was part of a successful peak line up. Okay
> Phil Collins was perfect for Genesis but what if it was Bill Bruford
> instead? Wouldn't Genesis have been even better?
>
> Beatles lacked a full time lead guitarist who could make them more
> musical (in the rock sense, not in the pop sense) in my opinion. They
> could have had say Eric Clapton in the band and they could have more
> rocking and more memorable songs.
>
> When I listened to Beatles, it is for Paul McCartney's bass usually,
> nothing more. Okay the melodies are great too, but instrumentally
> nothng else wows means apart from the bass.

Why do you post here? I know, cause you're trolling. You're not
a Beatles fan.

Jeff

On Oct 21, 11:58 am, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 21, 11:34 am, JohnB <johnbo...@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Do you honestly think any of the Beatles songs would be spoilt by
> > > having a technically sound and memorable guitar solo/riff? Didnt
> > > Clapton play on a Harrsion song and made it much better than it would
> > > have been?
>
> > Honestly, I don't imagine any of your guitar heroes
>
> And who are these?
>
> > doing any better
> > than Harrison.
>
> Clapton?
>
> > His style fitted with what the Beatles wanted. There is
> > no version of WMGGW that shows what Harrison would have done so who
> > knows whether Clapton's solo is better than what George would have
> > done?
>
> > > This bullshit of he did the right thing for the band can be applied to
> > > anyone. He was perfect for the band can be applied to any member from
> > > any band, if that member was part of a successful peak line up. Okay
> > > Phil Collins was perfect for Genesis but what if it was Bill Bruford
> > > instead? Wouldn't Genesis have been even better?
>
> > No. Collins was a damn good drummer, certainly no worse than Bruford,
>
> Of course Collins is a great drummer, but Bruford was far more
> skilled, more emphatic and versatile in the progressive sense.
>
> > so how you can draw a conclusion like that is beyond me.
> > You totally ignore the importance of character and chemistry.
>
> And what makes you think Bruford would not have fit into Genesis and
> Clapton wouldnt have fit into Beatles? Come to think of it, if Clapton
> had joined the band around say 1965, the Beatles would never have
> broken up.

All bands break up eventually.

> > > Beatles lacked a full time lead guitarist who could make them more
> > > musical (in the rock sense, not in the pop sense) in my opinion. They
> > > could have had say Eric Clapton in the band and they could have more
> > > rocking and more memorable songs.

The Beatles have the most memorable songs on this planet.

moonpie

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:11:58 -0400, Gemini Jackson
<geminijacksonis@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 10:07:21 -0400, moonpie <mr_rc_moonpie@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Rajas point of view is not only close-minded, its actually kind of
>>insulting to guitarists... that unless you can play super fast, you
>>don't deserve to be in a "good" band.
>
>And that's what gets me. I can understand a non-musician judging
>music he/she doesn't care for, but to claim that George can't play or
>that the Beatles would have benefited from having a guitarist that can
>shred, well that's just plain stupid.

George was perfect for the Beatles, and an integral part of their
success story.

Raja is suffering from the same sort of malady that afflicts the Yoko
haters: "this band would have been so good if not for ____________."

or, "_________ person ruined/made this band worse."

Its strange. Its the snob music critic equivalent of obsessing over
Baseball Cards of Fantasy Football, or worse, collecting Barbie Dolls
and obsessing over their outfits and which group they're going to be
in today.

With Raja, its about teenage fanboi obsession with the rock star
players. Who was the better guitar player? Who was the fastest
drummer? Who fucking cares?

If Harrison sucked as a guitar player and would have been nothing
without the Beatles... whose solo album do you listen to?

One of Harrisons, or one of Jimmy Pages or Steve Howe's?

Page's Outrider album had a few good instrumental things, I didnt like
it anywhere near as much as most of Harrisons. I only heard one of
Steve Howe's, an early one, The Steve Howe album, and it was almost
unlistenable.

gemjack

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:26:27 -0700 (PDT), "Raja, The Great"
<zepfloyes@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 21, 8:23?am, Gemini Jackson <geminijackso...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >I can't here this as I am at work. I will check out your links, but I
>> >highly doubt Harrison had enough talent to shred like Hendrix, Page,
>> >Howe, Blackmore etc.

>> It's much easier to 'shred' than to play carefully, articulate guitar
>> with notes varying in tone and resonance benefiting the song. ?I'm no
>> great guitarist (moonpie has much more talent & experience), but I AM
>> a guitarist and feel your take on this whole thing is quite ignorant.
>>
>> -gj
>
>Do you honestly think any of the Beatles songs would be spoilt by
>having a technically sound and memorable guitar solo/riff? Didnt
>Clapton play on a Harrsion song and made it much better than it would
>have been?

Not really. Ever heard Georges alternative version? Haunting and
beautiful. Maybe more so than the album cut.

>This bullshit of he did the right thing for the band can be applied to
>anyone. He was perfect for the band can be applied to any member from
>any band, if that member was part of a successful peak line up. Okay
>Phil Collins was perfect for Genesis but what if it was Bill Bruford
>instead? Wouldn't Genesis have been even better?

You can't have virtuosos at every instrument and have balanced, long
lasting music, most of the time anyway. Zep may be an exception. Think
of Blind Faith, and of course Cream. We got some good stuff, but it
was short lived and by the band's own account- a constant battle of
egos. You're like 'hey if sugar makes a cake sweet, let's dump in 5
cups of it and have an AWESOME cake'.

>Beatles lacked a full time lead guitarist who could make them more
>musical (in the rock sense, not in the pop sense) in my opinion. They
>could have had say Eric Clapton in the band and they could have more
>rocking and more memorable songs.

And yet they seem to do well, even 40 years after ceasing to exist.
And had George been motivated to do so, I have no doubt he could've
handled more than he did. He worked within the confines of the song.
I think he would have been embarrassed to play the cliche 'rock star'
guitarist that you want him to be.

>When I listened to Beatles, it is for Paul McCartney's bass usually,
>nothing more. Okay the melodies are great too, but instrumentally
>nothng else wows means apart from the bass.

Nothing wrong that, people have their preferences, and Paul is a great
bass player. But wouldn't they have been better if Entwistle from the
Who replaced him? By your logic it's surely so, right?

-gj

Rock FZYGC

On Oct 21, 11:59 am, moonpie <mr_rc_moon...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:34:55 -0700 (PDT), JohnB
>

> <johnbo...@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote:

> >> Do you honestly think any of the Beatles songs would be spoilt by
> >> having a technically sound and memorable guitar solo/riff? Didnt
> >> Clapton play on a Harrsion song and made it much better than it would
> >> have been?
>
> >Honestly, I don't imagine any of your guitar heroes doing any better
> >than Harrison. His style fitted with what the Beatles wanted. There is
> >no version of WMGGW that shows what Harrison would have done so who
> >knows whether Clapton's solo is better than what George would have
> >done?
>
> I wonder if Raja is the only retard in the entire world, that listens
> to the Beatles and thinks, this song REALLY "needs a killer jimmy page
> guitar solo".
>
> I'm sure he's not, but, I bet its a pretty small group of tards.- Hide quoted text -

Jimmy Page is not a good choice for the Beatles. I see his style as
too loud for the Beatles. I think Clapton is better choice. I th ink
others who could have fit in well (and those who could solo) are
Curtis Mayfield, Martin Barre and Duane Eddy. There could be more... I
don't see any heavy metal/progressive rock guitarist fitting in
Beatles as a lead guitarist.