Connecting to MS SQL Server 2000

jackster the jackle

6/12/2009 7:47:00 PM

I need to be able to querry the database on a Microsoft SQL Server 2000
from my Ruby script.

My only experience has been to connect to a MySQL database and I'm
hoping that someone from this august forum might be able to point me in
the right direction?

thanks

jack

rilindo foster

This may help. Its for 2005, though:

https://www.ruby-forum.com/to...

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:47 PM, jackster the
jackle<johnsheahan@sflistdb.com> wrote:
> I need to be able to querry the database on a Microsoft SQL Server 2000
> from my Ruby script.
>
> My only experience has been to connect to a MySQL database and I'm
> hoping that someone from this august forum might be able to point me in
> the right direction?
>
> thanks
>
> jack

Rilindo Foster
AOL Instant Messenger: rilindo
Google Talk: rilindo@gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.m...
Primary: rilindo@me.com
Secondary: rilindo@gmail.com
"Rich bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men
should be happier than others. -- Oscar Wilde

Scott Lillibridge

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM, jackster the jackle <
johnsheahan@sflistdb.com> wrote:

> I need to be able to querry the database on a Microsoft SQL Server 2000
> from my Ruby script.
>
> My only experience has been to connect to a MySQL database and I'm
> hoping that someone from this august forum might be able to point me in
> the right direction?
>
> thanks
>
> jack

I have had good luck with the ODBC bindings here
http://www.ch-werner.de.... The hardest part would be getting FreeTDS
setup and configured. Are you connecting from a non-Windows box to the SQL
Server?

Scott

David Mullet

jackster the jackle wrote:
> I need to be able to querry the database on a Microsoft SQL Server 2000
> from my Ruby script.
>
> My only experience has been to connect to a MySQL database and I'm
> hoping that someone from this august forum might be able to point me in
> the right direction?
>
> thanks
>
> jack

I frequently use win32ole and ADO to query SQL Server 2000 databases
from a Windows machine.

http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/2007/03/ruby-ado-and-sqls...

That won't help you if you're on a non-Windows box.

David

jackster the jackle

Yes, I'm running my Ruby script from a Linux box.

thanks alot

jack

Scott Lillibridge wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM, jackster the jackle <
> johnsheahan@sflistdb.com> wrote:
>
>> --
>>

> I have had good luck with the ODBC bindings here
> http://www.ch-werner.de.... The hardest part would be getting
> FreeTDS
> setup and configured. Are you connecting from a non-Windows box to the
> SQL
> Server?
>
> Scott

Bzl.

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:43:14 -0800 (PST), frndthdevl
<frndthdevl@aol.com> wrote:

>On Nov 21, 4:51?am, bzl...@aaool.com wrote:
>>
>> Furthur has done it perhaps half a dozen times. ?John K. singg it.
>> It's a "winner" for sure.
>
>your favorite EC band does it all the time. Tim Carbone sings it, who
>was one of Phil's Friends for a few stellar shows.

Kudos to them. Great tune.

frndthdevl@aol.com

On Nov 22, 7:35 pm, Bzl. <bzl...@aolaol.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:43:14 -0800 (PST), frndthdevl
>
> <frndthd...@aol.com> wrote:
> >On Nov 21, 4:51 am, bzl...@aaool.com wrote:
>
> >> Furthur has done it perhaps half a dozen times.  John K. singg it.
> >> It's a "winner" for sure.
>
> >your favorite EC band does it all the time. Tim Carbone sings it, who
> >was one of Phil's Friends for a few stellar shows.
>
> Kudos to them.  Great tune.

Any Roads comes in at 7:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K...