comp.lang.python

Uninstalling Eggs

PeterBraden1@googlemail.com

3/9/2008 1:30:00 PM

I just installed the Shove module with the monumentally crap
setuptools. Whilst the install succeeded, imports now trigger errors,
so clearly it did not install correctly. Can I simply delete the .egg
file from my lib/python2.3/site-packages/ directory?

Cheers,
1 Answer

Mike Driscoll

On Mar 9, 8:30 am, PB <PeterBrad...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I just installed the Shove module with the monumentally crap
> setuptools. Whilst the install succeeded, imports now trigger errors,
> so clearly it did not install correctly. Can I simply delete the .egg
> file from my lib/python2.3/site-packages/ directory?
>
> Cheers,

Deleting the shove-egg folder is definitely the recommended and
easiest way I know of to "uninstall" an egg. I've used it successfully
before.

Mike