comp.lang.python

Python installation problem

Muddy Coder

3/9/2008 4:43:00 AM

Hi Folks,

I downloaded a pre-compiled version 2.5, and intalled it without any
error message; and I can command line playing on Python through firing
up IDLE or command-line. However, I just can't compile the python file
existing in a directory. Today, I tried to fire Python in a DOS
window, then I got error message: Python is not a runnable command or
batch file. It means that the eveiornment variables of my Python
interpreter are not set well yet. My computer runs a Windows XP.
Anyboy can help on this? Thanks!

Muddy Coder
4 Answers

Lie Ryan

On Mar 9, 11:42 am, cosmo_gene...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I downloaded a pre-compiled version 2.5, and intalled it without any
> error message; and I can command line playing on Python through firing
> up IDLE or command-line. However, I just can't compile the python file
> existing in a directory. Today, I tried to fire Python in a DOS
> window, then I got error message: Python is not a runnable command or
> batch file. It means that the eveiornment variables of my Python
> interpreter are not set well yet. My computer runs a Windows XP.
> Anyboy can help on this? Thanks!
>
> Muddy Coder

AFAIK, Python doesn't set environment variables in Windows. To change
the environment variable, you go to Control Panel > System > Advanced
> Environment Variables > System Variables > In "Path" entry, add
Python's installation directory to the end of it (remember to separate
it from other directories with semicolons ;

Alternatively, you can cd your way through python's directory and
always feed absolute path to python.exe, very tiresome, but doesn't
require you to add the environment variable.

Ken Browning

On 5/15/09 8:03 PM, fvicarel3@aol.com wrote:
> On May 15, 5:50 pm, MY_INITIALSm...@comcast.net wrote:
>> On May 15, 8:40 pm, fvicar...@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>> Was the original studio version of this ever released lgeitimately?
>>> if so, on what? Or was the "original" version not studio, but live?
>>> I have a friend who needs the original single version for a project,
>>> he turned ot me, and embarrassingly, I don't have it. Where would I
>>> find a non-boot version?
>>> Gracias
>>> Fredo
>> No studio version, as far as I know.
>>
>> Was the C.W. Post version released officially before the My Hometown
>> single? Besides promos to radio stations or whatever the DJ's were
>> using before then?
>
> It was B side to "My Hometown?" That ain't gonna be easy to find.

It's on iTunes.

--
ez

rcb30

On May 15, 9:03 pm, fvicar...@aol.com wrote:
> It was B side to "My Hometown?"  That ain't gonna be easy to find.

If it helps you, the song is available as its own "single" on iTunes,
with the same photo that was used on the My Hometown 7".

fvicarel3

On May 15, 6:41 pm, MY_INITIALSm...@comcast.net wrote:
> On May 15, 9:03 pm, fvicar...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > It was B side to "My Hometown?"  That ain't gonna be easy to find.
>
> If it helps you, the song is available as its own "single" on iTunes,
> with the same photo that was used on the My Hometown 7".

Thanks. I've never used itunes, or even visited the place. But I'm
sure my friend has I'll send him there.

Many thanks