comp.lang.python

Flash interface for a python program

icarus

3/7/2008 12:46:00 AM

Is it possible to call an external python program, through a Flash
interface?

Meaning, I create a Flash window with a button. When I press that
button, it automagically invokes the external python program. Is that
possible? Any books/online tutorials you can recommend
me?

I guess I'm looking for alternatives in the area of GUI development.

2 Answers

Kay Schluehr

On 7 Mrz., 01:46, icarus <rsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to call an external python program, through a Flash
> interface?
>
> Meaning, I create a Flash window with a button. When I press that
> button, it automagically invokes the external python program. Is that
> possible? Any books/online tutorials you can recommend
> me?
>
> I guess I'm looking for alternatives in the area of GUI development.

You might look at PyAMF for data-bindings.

http://...

An alternative is mentioned in the Flex/Python articles by Bruce
Eckel.

http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thr...

ivandurneen

On Feb 17, 10:51 pm, 1fordlord <david.hof...@easystreet.net> wrote:
> On Feb 17, 3:40 pm, PT <zeeca...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 17, 4:34 pm, brokenvette <zr11...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > > Why doesn't someone make these things if they are that popular. When I
> > > bought my game I didn't know any better and chose a complete mountain
> > > set over a topper because I thought the topper looked stupid. I had no
> > > idea it would lower the value of the game. Its a no licensed game so
> > > there would be nothing to stop Rick or James from making these.
>
> > It's not over yet.  Still could go for much more!
>
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130485569453......
>
> > John
>
> Its a waste of money in my whitewaterlogged opinion. I own the game,
> My water was so wrinkled it looked like crap and I removed it. I then
> sanded cleaned and painted my bezel Dark Blue to match the head. I
> then applied the new (waterless) sticker (currently available for like
> $20) perfectly centered. I then went to Michael's craft store and
> bought glitter glue and "painted" where the foil sticker used to be.
> Mine achieves 90% of the water effect that the foil sticker does AND
> its not wrinkled up which in my opinion makes it look like crap.

Pictures ??