comp.lang.python

List all files using FTP

Anders Eriksson

3/6/2008 4:47:00 PM

Hello,

I need to list all the files on my FTP account (multiple subdirectories). I
don't have shell access to the account.

anyone that has a program that will do this?

// Anders
--
English is not my first, or second, language
so anything strange, or insulting, is due to

jay graves

On Mar 6, 10:46 am, Anders Eriksson <andi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to list all the files on my FTP account (multiple subdirectories). I
> don't have shell access to the account.
> anyone that has a program that will do this?

Not offhand, but you can look at the ftpmirror.py script for
inspiration.
It should be in your Tools/scripts/ subdirectory of your Python
installation.

Jay Graves

Simon Brunning

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 6:11 PM, jay graves <jaywgraves@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 10:46 am, Anders Eriksson <andi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I need to list all the files on my FTP account (multiple subdirectories). I
> > don't have shell access to the account.
> > anyone that has a program that will do this?
>
> Not offhand, but you can look at the ftpmirror.py script for
> inspiration.
> It should be in your Tools/scripts/ subdirectory of your Python
> installation.

This might be of use:

<http://ftputil.sschwarzer.ne...

--
Cheers,
Simon B.

Anders Eriksson

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 20:07:46 +0000, Simon Brunning wrote:

> This might be of use:
>
> <http://ftputil.sschwarzer.ne...

Nice, Just what I needed!

Thank you!