comp.lang.python

OT: Failed saving throw

aahz

3/5/2008 3:37:00 PM

For anyone who hasn't heard, E. Gary Gygax died yesterday. Some people
think we should build a tomb in his honor. ;-)
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.python...

indirection." --Butler Lampson
5 Answers

Dan Upton

On 5 Mar 2008 07:36:37 -0800, Aahz <aahz@pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> For anyone who hasn't heard, E. Gary Gygax died yesterday. Some people
> think we should build a tomb in his honor. ;-)

Yeah, I just saw a tribute on Order of the Stick:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oot...

Dennis Lee Bieber

On 5 Mar 2008 07:36:37 -0800, aahz@pythoncraft.com (Aahz) declaimed the
following in comp.lang.python:

> For anyone who hasn't heard, E. Gary Gygax died yesterday. Some people
> think we should build a tomb in his honor. ;-)

Just a tomb? Commission Disney to build a whole dungeon with the
tomb somewhere inside... Of course, they'd want to charge admission <G>
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com wulfraed@bestiaria.com

aahz

In article <13suutrmlm5208a@corp.supernews.com>,
Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>On 5 Mar 2008 07:36:37 -0800, aahz@pythoncraft.com (Aahz) declaimed the
>following in comp.lang.python:
>>
>> For anyone who hasn't heard, E. Gary Gygax died yesterday. Some people
>> think we should build a tomb in his honor. ;-)
>
> Just a tomb? Commission Disney to build a whole dungeon with the
>tomb somewhere inside... Of course, they'd want to charge admission <G>

You're apparently missing the reference to Tomb of Horrors. ;-)
--

On 6 Mar 2008 13:25:44 -0800, aahz@pythoncraft.com (Aahz) declaimed the
following in comp.lang.python:

> You're apparently missing the reference to Tomb of Horrors. ;-)

Probably... I never played "original" D&D... my first RPG was
RuneQuest (something I still consider much more "realistic" -- some of
the fumble tables were based off of things that happened in SCA combat;
it also didn't have this strange concept that putting on heavy armor
made one harder to hit -- heavy armor in RQ reduced the damage one took
when they were hit...) My second RPG was the "Advanced D&D" which I
understand had a fairly significant difference in operation/culture...
My gamemaster seldom used prepackaged settings.
--

In article <fqmem5$is2$1@panix3.panix.com>, Aahz <aahz@pythoncraft.com> wrote:

>For anyone who hasn't heard, E. Gary Gygax died yesterday. Some people
>think we should build a tomb in his honor. ;-)

....and xkcd finally weighs in:

http://xkc...