[ANN] Ruby for Python 0.0.1

Gary Niger

Hi everyone! I've borrowed ideas from _why's original attempts to compile
Ruby into Python bytecode. I'm releasing a fully-featured Python bytecode
compiler which works on Ruby source code. It's passing the full
rubyspec suite, at least for the time being. I've also added
basic interfacing between Ruby and Python so Ruby can call Python objects
and vice versa. Here's a link to the project page:

http://bit...
Cheers!

Gary Niger

--"Pretty much, Apple and Dell are the only ones in this industry making
money. They make it by being Wal-Mart. We make it by innovation."
- Steve Jobs

--
Do You Like Apple Computers? Are You Gay? ARE YOU GAY FOR APPLE COMPUTERS?
|| www.macfag.com - irc #macfag on EFnet
"Pretty much, Apple and Dell are the only ones in this industry making
money. They make it by being Wal-Mart. We make it by innovation."
- Steve Jobs

5 Answers

Roger Pack

Gary Niger wrote:
> Hi everyone! I've borrowed ideas from _why's original attempts to
> http://bit...

Don't try that link--it is meant as some prank [causes very loud noise
to play, then attempts to open window after browser window or something
like that--opera handles it fine, chrome not as well].
Take care.
-=r

Michael Guterl

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005@gmail.com> wrote=
:
> Gary Niger wrote:
>> Hi everyone! =C2=A0I've borrowed ideas from _why's original attempts to
>> http://bit...
>
> Don't try that link--it is meant as some prank [causes very loud noise
> to play, then attempts to open window after browser window or something
> like that--opera handles it fine, chrome not as well].
> Take care.

Whatever you do don't open that link. I wish I would have seen
Roger's message before clicking...

Anyone know how to make Firefox forget what tabs you last had open? I
killed my browser, but every time I open Firefox back up those images
damn images appear. Safari will have to do until I figure out what to
do.

Michael Guterl

Michael Guterl

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Michael Guterl <mguterl@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005@gmail.com> wro=
te:
>> Gary Niger wrote:
>>> Hi everyone! =C2=A0I've borrowed ideas from _why's original attempts to
>>> http://bit...
>>
>> Don't try that link--it is meant as some prank [causes very loud noise
>> to play, then attempts to open window after browser window or something
>> like that--opera handles it fine, chrome not as well].
>> Take care.
>
> Whatever you do don't open that link. =C2=A0I wish I would have seen
> Roger's message before clicking...
>
> Anyone know how to make Firefox forget what tabs you last had open? =C2=
=A0I
> killed my browser, but every time I open Firefox back up those images
> damn images appear. =C2=A0Safari will have to do until I figure out what =
> do.

Nevermind, I got it all worked out. `killall -9 firefox-bin` then it
prompts if you want to restore the previous session.

Serabe

The project sounds good but the website is pretty useless: no download
section, no documentation, etc.

I-don't-know-who started a similar project (good idea, useless
website) few years ago. I think it was called 2 ladies 1 glass or
something similar.

Cheers,

Serabe

P.D. And now, back to work.

--
http://sergio...
http://www....

Mohit Sindhwani

Michael Guterl wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Michael Guterl <mguterl@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Don't try that link--it is meant as some prank [causes very loud noise
>>> to play, then attempts to open window after browser window or something
>>> like that--opera handles it fine, chrome not as well].
>>> Take care.
>>>
>> Whatever you do don't open that link. I wish I would have seen
>> Roger's message before clicking...
>>
>> Anyone know how to make Firefox forget what tabs you last had open? I
>> killed my browser, but every time I open Firefox back up those images
>> damn images appear. Safari will have to do until I figure out what to
>> do.
>>

> Nevermind, I got it all worked out. `killall -9 firefox-bin` then it
> prompts if you want to restore the previous session.

I think if you select "Exit" from the Firefox File menu, it will also
ask you if you want to save the Windows.

Cheers,
Mohit.
5/31/2009 | 10:51 PM.