comp.lang.python

XML Schema validation in Python

Medhat.Gayed

3/4/2008 3:41:00 AM

I tested and tried a few XML validators but none of them is able to
successfully validate a string of xml (not a file just a string) to
programatically be able to validate messages of xml that flow in and
out of the different systems. The validators I used were XSV, oNVDL
and lxml, can we implement a pure python module for validating strings
of xml using XML Schema (not DTD) ?
1 Answer

Stefan Behnel

Medhat.Gayed@gmail.com wrote:
> I tested and tried a few XML validators but none of them is able to
> successfully validate a string of xml (not a file just a string) to
> programatically be able to validate messages of xml that flow in and
> out of the different systems.

http://codespeak.net/lxml/tutorial.html#parsing-from-strings...
http://codespeak.net/lxml/validation.html#validation-at-...
http://codespeak.net/lxml/validation.html...