comp.lang.python

Re: [Python-Dev] [ANN] Python 2.3.7 and 2.4.5, release candidate 1

Fred L. Drake

3/3/2008 12:53:00 AM

On Mar 2, 2008, at 7:43 PM, Fred Drake wrote:
> 2.4.5 won't build for me from the svn checkout on Mac OS X 10.5.2:

Neither does 2.3.7 now that I've tried that:

gcc -u __dummy -u _PyMac_Error -framework System -framework
CoreServices -framework Foundation -o python.exe Modules/python.o libpython2.3.a -ldl
Undefined symbols:
"__dummy", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [python.exe] Error 1

Of course, I wasn't using an earlier 2.3.x version on this box. I
would really like to be able to use 2.4.5, since I've been using 2.4.4
for work for a while now.

-Fred

--
Fred Drake <fdrake at acm.org>

17 Answers

Green Lantern

"bringyagrogalong" <sofala@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
"Green Lantern" <gr...@peril.com> wrote:
> "bringyagrogalong" <sof...@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
>
> PM takes carbon sell to anxious coal workers
>
> http://tinyurl.c...
>
> What a stark contrast between a courageous Julia Gillard and that
> blubbering nancy boy John Howard who whimped it wearing a bullet proof
> vest.
> ________________
>
> It should read: Anxious PM tries to sell carbon tax to anyone.

Why anxious?
_________________________

I thank the Member for Idiotic Posters for his question.

"Rudd is better" - Serge aka Bringnobrainalong in reference to Julia
Gillard.

B J Foster

On 17/07/2011 10:17 AM, Green Lantern wrote:
> "bringyagrogalong"<sofala@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
> PM takes carbon sell to anxious coal workers
>
> http://tinyurl.c...

"Ms Gillard was *unable* to say if any Latrobe Valley power station
would definitely close, saying it had to go through a tender process and
any closure would take a number of years"

Useless.

You'd thunk, the architect of a policy, which has the potential to
completely fuck up the economy, would have the sensitivity not to go and
meet 600 people who are about to lose their jobs without an answer!

> ________________
>

> It should read: Anxious PM tries to sell carbon tax to anyone.
>
> LOL !

bringyagrogalong

B J Foster <plagiarist...@yahoo.com.invalid> copied:
> "bringyagrogalong"<sof...@aapt.net.au>  wrote in message
> >
> > PM takes carbon sell to anxious coal workers
> >
> > http://tinyurl.c...
> >
> > What a stark contrast between a courageous Julia Gillard and that
> > blubbering nancy boy John Howard who whimped it wearing a bullet proof
> > vest.
>
> "Ms Gillard was *unable* to say if any Latrobe Valley power station
> would definitely close, saying it had to go through a tender process and
> any closure would take a number of years"
>
> Useless.

It's called due process, not policy on the run, a la Rasputin.

> You'd thunk, the architect of a policy, which has the potential to
> completely fuck up the economy, would have the sensitivity not to go and
> meet 600 people who are about to lose their jobs without an answer!

She did give them an answer you dyslectic fool, as stated in your
first paragraph

That's what makes her the Iron Lady, no spin just the facts. A woman
of courage and conviction.

She's not a duplicitous wimp like Howard and Abbott.

-----------

"If you want to put a price on carbon why not just do it
with a simple tax?"
?- Tony Abbott ?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c...

Epsilon

bringyagrogalong wrote:
:
: That's what makes her the Iron Lady, no spin just the facts. A woman
: of courage and conviction.
:
: She's not like Howard and Abbott.

That's why Australia has to have a carbon tax. The carbon tax she promised
during the last election that she would not impose. So, she's a woman of
courage and conviction, who is not a duplicitous wimp. It's just that her
word is not to be trusted.

Poof

On Jul 17, 2:46 am, B J Foster <bjfos...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> On 17/07/2011 10:17 AM, Green Lantern wrote:
>
> > "bringyagrogalong"<sof...@aapt.net.au>  wrote in message
> > PM takes carbon sell to anxious coal workers
>
> >http://tinyurl.c...
>
> "Ms Gillard was *unable* to say if any Latrobe Valley power station
> would definitely close, saying it had to go through a tender process and
> any closure would take a number of years"
>
> Useless.
>
> You'd thunk, the architect of a policy, which has the potential to
> completely fuck up the economy, would have the sensitivity not to go and
> meet 600 people who are about to lose their jobs without an answer!
>

> > ________________
>
> > It should read: Anxious PM tries to sell carbon tax to anyone.
>
> > LOL !- Hide quoted text -

The policy is actually an idea - let's introduce a carbon tax as an
excuse to get into the taxpayer's pocket. It consisted of one
sentence. That was the 'Policy', and they have been playing catchup
ever since. This is typical of how Labor operates.

bringyagrogalong

"Epsilon" <n...@this.address.com> wrote:
> bringyagrogalong wrote:
> :
> : That's what makes her the Iron Lady, no spin just the facts. A woman
> : of courage and conviction.
> :
> : She's not like Howard and Abbott.
>
> That's why Australia has to have a carbon tax.  The carbon tax she promised
> during the last election that she would not impose.  So, she's a woman of
> courage and conviction, who is not a duplicitous wimp.  It's just that her
> word is not to be trusted.

Of course her word is to be trusted. Perhaps you have heard of the
hung parliament.

A person of intellect has to adapt to changing circumstances and a
person of exceptional intellect, not only adapts, but arrives at the
outcome initially sought.

That's the case with Julia and an ETS.

With regard to the carbon tax, respected economic journalist Ross
Gittins explains that strictly speaking, it isn't:

"Gillard's package is widely described as a carbon tax but, strictly
speaking, it's an emissions trading scheme in which the price of
emission permits is fixed for the first three years and permits made
freely available, after which the price is set by auction, with an
ever-declining quantity of permits made available each year".

I believe you owe Julia your unreserved apology.

----------

"As a humble backbencher I am sure Abbott won't complain if I tell a
few home truths about the farce that the Coalition's policy, or lack
of policy, on climate change has descended into."
- Malcolm Turnbull

B J Foster

On 17/07/2011 12:00 PM, bringyagrogalong wrote:
> B J Foster<plagiarist...@yahoo.com.invalid> copied:
>> "bringyagrogalong"<sof...@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> PM takes carbon sell to anxious coal workers
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.c...
>>>
>>> What a stark contrast between a courageous Julia Gillard and that
>>> blubbering nancy boy John Howard who whimped it wearing a bullet proof
>>> vest.
>>
>> "Ms Gillard was *unable* to say if any Latrobe Valley power station
>> would definitely close, saying it had to go through a tender process and
>> any closure would take a number of years"
>>
>> Useless.
>
> It's called due process, not policy on the run, a la Rasputin.

"With the Latrobe Valley set to feel the biggest impact from the carbon
tax plan, locals had called for Ms Gillard to *personally* explain the
package to them".

So did she?

"Ms Gillard was *unable* to say if any Latrobe Valley power station
would definitely close"

Failure!

"Ms Gillard told residents she understands why they are anxious about
the impact of the carbon tax package, but believes the region has a
strong future".

So they lose their jobs...
....and gain empathy.

>> You'd thunk, the architect of a policy, which has the potential to
>> completely fuck up the economy, would have the sensitivity not to go and
>> meet 600 people who are about to lose their jobs without an answer!
>
> She did give them an answer you dyslectic fool, as stated in your
> first paragraph

'Strong future' eh? So how will they make their living? Selling broccoli?

> That's what makes her the Iron Lady, no spin just the facts. A woman
> of courage and conviction.

Anyone who stands in front of 600 people whose jobs she's about to
consign to the dustbin and says "you have a strong future" is not only
strong, but stupid too!

> She's not a duplicitous wimp like Howard and Abbott.

Strong-smelling. Carbon tax stinks!

On 17/07/2011 12:37 PM, bringyagrogalong wrote:
> Of course her word is to be trusted. Perhaps you have heard of the
> hung parliament.

Well hung - full of Labor dickheads!

Poof

On Jul 17, 2:42 pm, B J Foster <bjfos...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> On 17/07/2011 12:37 PM, bringyagrogalong wrote:
>
> > Of course her word is to be trusted. Perhaps you have heard of the
> > hung parliament.
>
> Well hung - full of Labor dickheads!

A joke doing the rounds at the moments (no, not you bat-brain)

A guy is sitting in his car when he is approached by someone
(COllector of Public Monies?) seeking donations. When asked "what
for" the collector replies "the PM, Brown, Swan, Oakshot, Wilkie,
Brandt and Windsor have been kidnapped by terrorists who have stated
they will all be burned at the strake unless the Government comes up
with 10 million dollars ransom".

The guy in the car asks "how much do you have so far" to which the
collector replies "oh, about 50 litres."

Oy rool out a carbon tax

On 17/07/2011 11:32 AM, bringyagrogalong wrote:
> "Green Lantern"<gr...@peril.com> wrote:
>> "bringyagrogalong"<sof...@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
>>
>> PM takes carbon sell to anxious coal workers
>>
>> http://tinyurl.c...
>>
>> What a stark contrast between a courageous Julia Gillard and that
>> blubbering nancy boy John Howard who whimped it wearing a bullet proof
>> vest.
>> ________________
>>
>> It should read: Anxious PM tries to sell carbon tax to anyone.
>
> Why anxious?

Too easy:

In the first Australia-wide voting intention poll conducted since Prime
Minister Julia Gillard announced the details of the Carbon Tax the
latest telephone Morgan Poll

conducted over the last two nights, July 13/14, 2011 shows the L-NP
60.5% with a *record winning lead* over the ALP 39.5% - *the worst*
Two-Party preferred voting result for

Labor since the first Roy Morgan Gallup Poll conducted in May 1942.

The L-NP primary vote is 52.5%, nearly double the ALP 27.5%. Support for
the minor parties shows the Greens 10.5% and Others/ Independents 9.5%.

If a Federal election were held today the L-NP would win in a
*landslide* according to today?s Morgan Poll.

http://www.roymorgan.com/new...

HTH

--
"If we cut emissions today, global temperatures are not likely to drop
for about a thousand years. "