comp.lang.python

class object interface document

NeilFang2008

3/2/2008 2:55:00 AM

Hello

Where can I find the Python class object interface document, such as
struct PyClassObject, PyClass_New()? Thanks!

-- Neil
3 Answers

Gabriel Genellina

En Sun, 02 Mar 2008 00:55:23 -0200, Neil.Fang.CN <NeilFang2008@gmail.com>
escribió:

> Where can I find the Python class object interface document, such as
> struct PyClassObject, PyClass_New()? Thanks!

PyClass_* and PyInstance_* are for old-style classes and instances
respectively, and will disappear in v3.0.
PyInstance is in the section 7.5.2 in the Python/C API Reference Manual; I
don't find any documentation on PyClass itself.

--
Gabriel Genellina

NeilFang2008

Thanks for your reply.
What is the counterpart in v3.0?

-- Neil

On Mar 2, 6:26 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> En Sun, 02 Mar 2008 00:55:23 -0200, Neil.Fang.CN <NeilFang2...@gmail.com>
> escribió:
>
> > Where can I find the Python class object interface document, such as
> > struct PyClassObject, PyClass_New()? Thanks!
>
> PyClass_* and PyInstance_* are for old-style classes and instances
> respectively, and will disappear in v3.0.
> PyInstance is in the section 7.5.2 in the Python/C API Reference Manual; I
> don't find any documentation on PyClass itself.
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

Gabriel Genellina

En Mon, 03 Mar 2008 04:37:38 -0200, Neil.Fang.CN <NeilFang2008@gmail.com>
escribió:
> On Mar 2, 6:26 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>> En Sun, 02 Mar 2008 00:55:23 -0200, Neil.Fang.CN
>> <NeilFang2...@gmail.com>
>> escribió:
>>
>> > Where can I find the Python class object interface document, such as
>> > struct PyClassObject, PyClass_New()? Thanks!
>>
>> PyClass_* and PyInstance_* are for old-style classes and instances
>> respectively, and will disappear in v3.0.
>> PyInstance is in the section 7.5.2 in the Python/C API Reference
>> Manual; I don't find any documentation on PyClass itself.

> Thanks for your reply.
> What is the counterpart in v3.0?

New style classes, that exist since v2.2
http://www.python.org/doc...

--
Gabriel Genellina