comp.lang.c++

Base64 string save to binary file

Chunekit Pong

11/19/2008 4:25:00 AM

How to save a Base64 encoded string to a binary file

For instance, the following XML tag stores the binary data in a Base64
encoded string
<data>TWFuIGlzIGRpc3Rpbmd1aXNoZWQsIG5vdCBvbmx<data>

Any one point to sample code on saving the above string to binary
image (.jpg) file?

base64 class I am using
http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/cpp/common/b...
2 Answers

Scientology is a cult

"Ball of Fluff" <getoffmyass@fluffentology.com> wrote in

> "Tom N" <simpleman.s43@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Apr 1, 12:44 pm, smith.jef...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>> I would risk my life to help everyone get out safely.
>>> If I knew who had started the fire, I would turn them in.
>>>
>>> Even if they are doing evil acts, I wish them no harm.
>>
>> As usual, he is lying his head off.
>

> How do you know that?

Tom N wants attention. Don't give it to him.

Thomas J. Gritzan

Chunekit Pong schrieb:
> How to save a Base64 encoded string to a binary file
>
> For instance, the following XML tag stores the binary data in a Base64
> encoded string
> <data>TWFuIGlzIGRpc3Rpbmd1aXNoZWQsIG5vdCBvbmx<data>
>
> Any one point to sample code on saving the above string to binary
> image (.jpg) file?
>
> base64 class I am using
> http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/cpp/common/b...

Just use the base64_decode function on this page and pass it the base64
encoded string, then store the result in a file using the write function
of std::ofstream (opening in binary mode).

--
Thomas