comp.lang.python

ANN: eric 4.1.1 released

Detlev Offenbach

eric4 4.1.1 has been released today. This release fixes a few bugs
reported
since the last release.

As usual it is available via
http://www.die-offenbachs.de/eric/....

Please note, that the first stable release of the Rope refactoring plugin
was
released as well.

What is eric?
-------------
Eric is a Python (and Ruby) IDE with all batteries included. It is
expandable via a plugin architecture. These plugins are downloadable
separately.

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev@die-offenbachs.de

smith.jeff28

BTW It was Jenny Craig not WW

Kirstie Alley, the former 'Cheers' star told People in a statement she
will be developing her own weight-loss brand expected to launch in
2009. She lost and kept off 75 pounds during her time as the Jenny
Craig spokesmodel, stepped down from her role with the company last
week. She also told People in a statement she wants to create
something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly
never ending fatty-roller coaster ride.

smith.jeff28

* I mean, your statement is analagous to saying that if Christianity
were
* really about love, there'd have been no inquistions, witch hunts,
etc. Of
* course there would be. Because sometimes people really suck and they
don't
* practice what they preach.

I agree that Christianity (actually Catholicism to be fair) has had
some dark moments, and that we seldom practice what we preach.
The difference is Christ, unlike LRH never promised Super Powers
etc., Christ promised only peace and salvation for those that were
humble.
Christianity admits that we are imperfect and full of sin.

For what the OT level promise, the are utter BS. And because of that,
the money taken is robbery based on lies.

You may seem to advance in life by becoming a liar and practicing
"fair game" in your life, but from my perspective the OT levels have
damaged
everyone who ever participated in them by causing them to believe
fairy tales. While there are myths in Christianity, the basic
principals do not require belief in them.
If I were to tell Father I believe in Evolution (which I do) I would
not be subjected to an Ehtics action or a sec check.
Scientologists do not have this freedom, and it is for this reason I
seek to change
or disband the group.

smith.jeff28

When I see Freezone conduct externally monitored, double blind tests
confirming something, I'll believe it.
After all it is supposed to be SCIENCE - OLGY.

Sorry, but until that day comes, you sell the same snake oil, only the
bottle is different.
I don't mean to be mean about it, but lets be real. If there truly are
benefits, they should be verifiable.
And for what's it's worth "success stories" are not verification of
anything.
Why don't you set up some trials? I would be truly interested to see
what real results you get.

Unless, of course, like Christianity, you plan to offer services for
free.

Ramona

On Apr 1, 4:13 pm, smith.jef...@yahoo.com wrote:
> * I mean, your statement is analagous to saying that if Christianity
> were
> * really about love, there'd have been no inquistions, witch hunts,
> etc. Of
> * course there would be. Because sometimes people really suck and they
> don't
> * practice what they preach.
>
> I agree that Christianity (actually Catholicism to be fair)
Catholicism IS Christian. It was also the only name brand for almost
1,500 years.
has had
> some dark moments,

Yeah, and the treatise written by Martin Luther titled "On the Jews
and their Lies" didn't inspire a certain man named Hitler.
Rolls eyes.
and that we seldom practice what we preach.
> The difference is Christ,
False, the originals had Christ and used their interpretation to save
the souls of people, just as you type here your beliefs hoping to do
the same. Or are you suggesting that the "true church" was taken away
from Earth and that the Mormons are correct ;)?

unlike LRH never promised Super Powers
> etc.,

So you don't believe in the "laying on of hands" or "healing of the
sick?"
Christ promised only peace and salvation for those that were
> humble.
That is why Jesus stated in Matthew 10: 34 Think not that I am come to
send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. <<<<---
Could that be the very line that inspired the 4 crusades? Methinks
perhaps it might be.

and Luke 14: 26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and
mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and
his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

That "Peace" and "Love" give me goosebumps.

> Christianity admits that we are imperfect and full of sin.
Yup, even little babies are thought to have original sin which I find
vulgar, just for record.

> For what the OT level promise, the are utter BS. And because of that,
> the money taken is robbery based on lies.

You can get a "healing cloth" here:
http://www.tbn.org/about/newsletter/index.ph...

> You may seem to advance in life by becoming a liar and practicing
> "fair game" in your life, but from my perspective the OT levels have
> damaged
> everyone who ever participated in them by causing them to believe
> fairy tales. While there are myths in Christianity, the basic
> principals do not require belief in them.
Or we could start with the basics like God got a virgin pregnant and
she gave birth to God Jr.
> If I were to tell Father I believe in Evolution (which I do) I would
> not be subjected to an Ehtics action or a sec check.

That depends on which namebrand christian cult you happen to belong.
Are you also aware that there are christian and other religions which
practice disconnection/religious shunning as well?

> Scientologists do not have this freedom, and it is for this reason I
> seek to change
> or disband the group.
Naw, you seek to disband all Scientologists because they invalidate
your belief system. Freezoners and independents like Claire have all
the freedom in the world, picking and choosing what feels right to
them. In other words, not all Scientologists belong to the CO$.

Claire, forgive me if I miswrite, opposes the abuses within the system
of COS which is what many others here also take issue, not Scientology
which she practices and finds works for her as you find christianity
works for you. In other words, don't slam the beliefs but the abuse
of individuals in the system.

Ramona

husk

On Apr 1, 8:32 pm, Ramona <atlram...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Are you also aware that there are christian and other religions which
> practice disconnection/religious shunning as well?
>
> > Scientologists do not have this freedom, and it is for this reason I
> > seek to change
> > or disband the group.
>
> Naw, you seek to disband all Scientologists because they invalidate
> your belief system. Freezoners and independents like Claire have all
> the freedom in the world, picking and choosing what feels right to
> them. In other words, not all Scientologists belong to the CO$.
>
> Claire, forgive me if I miswrite, opposes the abuses within the system
> of COS which is what many others here also take issue, not Scientology
> which she practices and finds works for her as you find christianity
> works for you. In other words, don't slam the beliefs but the abuse

Man corrupted Christianity.
Scientology corrupted man.

smith.jeff28

Ramona
"Catholicism IS Christian. It was also the only name brand for almost
1,500 years."

Thats not true there were many Christian sects from the very beginning
on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_de...

While it is true that Catholicism is the most famous and was once the
most powerful there were many others.

While Catholicism IS Christian, Christianity is not Catholicism.
I am not at all a Christian apologist at all. In fact, I quite often
ask "If Christ never existed, you still believe in what he said".
To me the myths an miracles are un-important. The cult of Mary is
silly.
There is scientific proof that pray does not work, at least how most
thing it should, and I accept that.

Believe me, I want Scientology to be true, I wish it was. But even
after 50 some odd years the is not one shred of proof, other that
"Success Stories".
If it can increase your IQ, that would be measurable. If it increases
your happiness, that too is measurable, and so on.
Just pointing to successful people who are Scientolgistist is proof of
nothing, lots of non-COS people are successful too.
There are many ways it could be measured, but it hasn't, and at this
point I have nothing else to believe other than it is not nearly as
effective as stated. I'm sure it could help to some degree, but to
what degree?
To $200,000 degree? Doubt it.
Perhaps it is, but in almost all cases where practitioners refuse to
me measured, it turns out to be false claims.
Pretty sure that is the case here.

barb

smith.jeff28@yahoo.com wrote:
> When I see Freezone conduct externally monitored, double blind tests
> confirming something, I'll believe it.
> After all it is supposed to be SCIENCE - OLGY.
>
> Sorry, but until that day comes, you sell the same snake oil, only the
> bottle is different.
> I don't mean to be mean about it, but lets be real. If there truly are
> benefits, they should be verifiable.
> And for what's it's worth "success stories" are not verification of
> anything.
> Why don't you set up some trials? I would be truly interested to see
> what real results you get.
>
> Unless, of course, like Christianity, you plan to offer services for
> free.

Compartmentalize moar

--
Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)

?I think that the protections that we enjoy for freedom of worship exist
so long as we don?t step over the line. When religious worship and
belief cross over into things like fraud, victimization of others and
the disruption of the political arena, that protection is no longer
appropriate.?

--Robert Goff
Professor Emeritus, UCSC

smith.jeff28

> > Why don't you set up some trials? I would be truly interested to see
> > what real results you get.
>
> But I don't CARE what others believe. I've no interest in setting up
> anything for anybody.

Well, I think you missed my point.
Science and religion are in some was diametrically opposed.
Science is the belief in the provable.
Religion is the belief in the un-provable (not the un-proven, the
unprovable)

So you create a religion based on science and it create some
confusion.
Parts of Scientology are in the realm of provable, and some are in the
provable.
Does it raise your IQ? Provable. (not proven, yet, but provable)
Did I ever have a past life? Un-provable. In the sense of a scientific
proof.

> I dunno 'bout you, but if someone's going to spend multiple hours, dozens,
> hundreds of hours with me on a course or in an auditing session, I expect to
> pay them for their time just as I would a yoga, rolfing, psychology, TIR,
> whatever other practitioner.

And if I must pay, I would like some evidence of what to expect.
As flawed as it may be, psychologist at lease attempt to do scientific
studies.
The benefits of yoga are well document (and it doesn't cost 100.00/
hr).
The others I am not familiar with, but if I was to try them, I would
at least check out their track record.
Would you buy a car without checking the reliability records, or what
ever it is you value in a car?
As a consumer of a service, it is my responsibility to ask or seek out
this information.
I would not take anti-depressants, because the data (not the ravings)
says they do not work effectively.

Of course I would expect to pay for someones time, but I would also
expect some reasonable guarantee of what I am paying for.
Many of the things COS claims are quite provable, but they refuse to
be responsible enough to do that.

> Also, your use of the second person pronoun is off base. I don't charge
> anybody for anything, nor am I a member of the Freezone.

Sorry that was a misunderstanding on my part.

The popes have said many wrong, dumbass things over the years, but so
has LRH.
It is a shame that COS will not acknowledge that and move on.
The truth is SOC has become a blinded cult of the worse kind, and I
had hoped for better.
For Sciences to be effective, they must evolve thru the use of
science, but this is just not happening.

anothersurfer999

It is very hard for me to believe that a man as seriously deranged as
Hubbard could have ever stumbled upon something that actually helps
people. HOWEVER -- if you take away "KSW" and remove the "groupthink"
and active oppression of dissent, I guess one MIGHT be able to salvage
something from the "tech."

Maybe.

Claire, do you really believe that you are exorcising alien thetans
from you body by employing this "tech?"

What do Freezoners believe regarding the scientology genesis story?

Do they believe in Xenu and millions/billions of free-floating,
murdered thetans that attach themselves to us?

Just am very curious.

Thanks,

Another Surfer

butterflygrrrl

On Apr 1, 1:00 pm, "Ball of Fluff" <getoffmy...@fluffentology.com>
wrote:
> <smith.jef...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > * What I am confused over is why Scilons would need Weight Watchers at
> > * all? Wouldn't their OT powers over MEST (Matter Energy Space Time. A
> > * useless LRH term, BTW) be more than enough to conquer something as
> > * simple as obesity since the Scilons can (cough) cure themselves of
> > * every other ailment using their religious technology, amirite?
>
> > Well, ya the only trouble with that is that the OT levels are total
> > BS.
>
> To ~you~, maybe.
>

> > If there was anything to the OT levels, the planet would have been
> > cleared long ago.
>
> Not true. If not everyone avails him or herself of a technique, then not
> everyone will have whatever effects that technique might (allegedly)
> engender.
>
> Of course there's something to the OT levels. A lot of people have had
> positive effects. But they are nowhere near as "cause" and as "able" as the
> propaganda about the levels promises. That doesn't mean, though, that
> nothing happens.
>
> > Cos would not need to go to court.
>
> Sure they would. Because they don't practice what they preach and they treat
> people like shit.
>
> I mean, your statement is analagous to saying that if Christianity were
> really about love, there'd have been no inquistions, witch hunts, etc. Of
> course there would be. Because sometimes people really suck and they don't
> practice what they preach.

> www.claireswazey.com

No, it is not even remotely like that, because there is no such thing
as body thetans.