comp.lang.python

Python app at startup!

Robert Pofuk

2/28/2008 11:07:00 PM

Hy. I create simple application. Yust an windows and "compile" it with
py2exe. I add registry value
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v
MyApp /t REG_SZ /d C:\myapp.exe /f'

And it wont start. When i use console instead od window in py2exe i get
console opend but it closes.

Help please!

5 Answers

Larry Bates

SMALLp wrote:
> Hy. I create simple application. Yust an windows and "compile" it with
> py2exe. I add registry value
> reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v
> MyApp /t REG_SZ /d C:\myapp.exe /f'
>
> And it wont start. When i use console instead od window in py2exe i get
> console opend but it closes.
>
> Help please!

There is a single quote at the end of your string but no matching quote at the
beginning.

-Larry

dave_mikesell

On Feb 28, 5:07 pm, "SMALLp" <po...@email.t-com.hr> wrote:
> Hy. I create simple application. Yust an windows and "compile" it with
> py2exe. I add registry value
> reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v
> MyApp /t REG_SZ /d C:\myapp.exe /f'
>
> And it wont start. When i use console instead od window in py2exe i get
> console opend but it closes.

Does it do the same thing when you run it with the Python interpreter?

SMALLp

dave_mikesell@fastmail.fm wrote:
> On Feb 28, 5:07 pm, "SMALLp" <po...@email.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> Hy. I create simple application. Yust an windows and "compile" it with
>> py2exe. I add registry value
>> reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v
>> MyApp /t REG_SZ /d C:\myapp.exe /f'
>>
>> And it wont start. When i use console instead od window in py2exe i get
>> console opend but it closes.
>
> Does it do the same thing when you run it with the Python interpreter?

No. The programm works fine! In interupter and when i "compile" it.

dave_mikesell

On Feb 29, 7:21 am, SMALLp <po...@mzm.hr> wrote:
> dave_mikes...@fastmail.fm wrote:

> > Does it do the same thing when you run it with the Python interpreter?
>
> No. The programm works fine! In interupter and when i "compile" it.

My guess is that you're not including something in the .exe that you
need. What does your py2exe command line and setup.py look like?

Robert Pofuk

Program:
<code prog.py>
import os