Vertical frames for ruby-doc.org?

Michael Jackson

5/22/2009 8:29:00 PM

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of a good hack to make the frames display vertically
instead of horizontally on ruby-doc.org? I have much more screen width
than I have height, and it would be a bit easier on the eyes I think.
If something doesn't already exist, I may just take a stab at it
myself. ;)

Michael

2 Answers

Michael Jackson

Nevermind.

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd...

<head>
<title>RDoc Documentation</title>
</head>
<frameset cols="20%, 80%">
<frameset rows="15%,35%,55%">
<frame src="http://ruby-doc.org/core/fr_file_index....
title="Files" name="Files">
<frame src="http://ruby-doc.org/core/fr_class_index....
name="Classes">
<frame src="http://ruby-doc.org/core/fr_method_index....
name="Methods">
</frameset>
<frame src="http://ruby-doc.org/core/files/main_c.... name="docwin">
</frameset>

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Michael J. I. Jackson
<mjijackson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone aware of a good hack to make the frames display vertically instead
> of horizontally on ruby-doc.org? I have much more screen width than I have
> height, and it would be a bit easier on the eyes I think. If something
> doesn't already exist, I may just take a stab at it myself. ;)
>
> Michael

Markus Fischer

that's very useful, thanks! I never realized the potential to create my
own one, helps really a lot.

- Markus