comp.lang.c++

C++/VisualC++ Database

Allonii

11/16/2008 9:59:00 PM

Hello!

Im new to C++ but little used to java!

Well my question is how you can connect to a database and then add,
delete, etc trough a windows application.

Im using visualC++ express edition just to make it "easy". I created a
listbox there and are trying to connect it to a database (.mdb). But
really don't know how to do that..

Thanks for the help in advance
3 Answers

Sam

Allonii writes:

> Hello!
>
> Im new to C++ but little used to java!
>
> Well my question is how you can connect to a database and then add,
> delete, etc trough a windows application.

Most likely by using some library that offers the suitable functionality.

> Im using visualC++ express edition just to make it "easy". I created a
> listbox there and are trying to connect it to a database (.mdb). But
> really don't know how to do that..

This has nothing to do with C++, the programming language, but rather with
software libraries that are particular to your platform. It may come as a
shock to you, but there are plenty of C++ applications that run on platforms
other than Windows, which use databases too in, obviously, rather different
ways.

You'll have a better chance of getting an answer to your question by asking
in one of the microsoft.* newsgroups.

Victor Bazarov

Allonii wrote:
> Im new to C++ but little used to java!
>
> Well my question is how you can connect to a database and then add,
> delete, etc trough a windows application.

You'd use available library. And since there are no "windows" or
"database" facilities in the Standard library, you'll have to ask in the
newsgroup that deals with "windows" or "database".

> Im using visualC++ express edition just to make it "easy". I created a
> listbox there and are trying to connect it to a database (.mdb). But
> really don't know how to do that..

"Listbox" or "database" are concepts not known in C++. You are probably
talking about something specific to your platform. Please ask in the
newsgroup where your platform is discussed. The list of suggested
newsgroups is in the FAQ.

Fernando A. Gómez F.

Allonii wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Im new to C++ but little used to java!
>
> Well my question is how you can connect to a database and then add,
> delete, etc trough a windows application.

Try ODBC.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar...(VS.85).aspx

> Im using visualC++ express edition just to make it "easy". I created a
> listbox there and are trying to connect it to a database (.mdb). But
> really don't know how to do that..
>

> Thanks for the help in advance

Try microsoft.public.* newsgroups, such as microsoft.public.vc.mfc.

Regards.

http://www....