Farberware FAC850SS 6-Slice Stainless-Steel Convection Toaster Oven

Arunachalam

5/22/2009 12:26:00 PM

List Price:$142.99
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=...
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=...

Farberware used to make great products. We have Farberware cooking pots that we have been using for decades. We have used their Turbo convection ovens that were in daily use and lasted years.

But lately everything they make seems to come from China and looks and feels cheap. This oven (not bought from Amazon, BTW) was no exception. When first plugged in it clanked a few times and locked up. One of the screws securing the fan was loose. Once that was repaired the oven has buzzed and vibrated badly.

To call this oven a convection oven is a stretch to begin with. It is a toaster oven with a tiny fan in it.

We are going to toss this thing in the trash.
This oven is great for quick meals utilizing the convection feature. However, don't think that you can use this to make a quick piece of toast. The cleanup is simple; my favorite thing is that my kitchen stays much cooler by not having to start up my gas oven.
GREAT price! Bought as a gift so not sure yet but I'm depending on the Farberware name.
Very nice. Great design. So far Im happy. I used to have an older Farberware convection oven and it was a bit larger. I liked it better than the new design. Im not all that crazy with the "pizza" design trend with the round exposed "pizza" area in the back of the unit. Its not insulated like the rest of the oven and its hot, and loosing energy thru heat loss. But it seems most ovens now are not concerned with effeciancy.
This company had a great oven about 8 years ago, and now I cant find it.
This is the best for its price though, and it does what its says, but the older unit was better. A bit larger, but much better! I found some used units of the old oven on ebay but they were pretty " used " so I got this one.
My last Faberware lasted 10 years. Im hoping for the same with this one.
Im sure you will be quite happy with this model. I like the crumb tray. and it comes with a broiler pan. Nice touch!
I am really enjoying my new versitle & fabulous toaster oven ..it is oversized, very large and can cook almost anything
Farberware stainless steel 6 slice convection oven, large 6 slice capacity can hold 12" pizza. Convection, bake, broil, defrost and toast

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Lodge Max Temp Handle Mitt, Black:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=...
Wicked Prey:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=...
Astral Weeks Live At the Hollywood Bowl:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=...