irb -r gemname produces error

Gaudi Mi

5/22/2009 11:32:00 AM

Noobie question: every time I run for example:

irb -r hpricot

I get the error:

...'require': no such file to load -- hpricot (LoadError)...

and it happens regardless of which gem I wish to require. I do a gem
list and it shows the gems I need are all installed. What am I
overlooking?

Thanks!

Adam Gardner

Gaudi Mi wrote:
> Noobie question: every time I run for example:
>
> irb -r hpricot
>
> I get the error:
>
> ...'require': no such file to load -- hpricot (LoadError)...
>
> and it happens regardless of which gem I wish to require. I do a gem
> list and it shows the gems I need are all installed. What am I
> overlooking?
>
> Thanks!

Assuming that you're running Ruby 1.8.x, what you're missing is a
-rubygems option.