Stanley 47-483 100 FatMax Xtreme Chalk Box 2 Piece Set with 4 oz Bottle of Stanley Red Chalk

Akhtar

5/22/2009 10:37:00 AM

Price:$11.48
Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=...
Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=...

Stanley 47-483 100 FatMax Xtreme Chalk Box 2 Piece Set with 4 oz Bottle of Stanley Red Chalk
I do layout all day every day and have been through many chalk boxes. This box looks cool and someone came up with some good ideas for features but durability was not one of them. I have two of these boxes. The first I used for six hours before the line broke. I had to order replacement line because it is not stocked at any local store. I purchased another box while waiting for replacement line. The second box jammed up before delivery of the replacement line. After replacing line in both boxes they lasted a total of 5 days before they both were jammed up and inoperable. This product would be OK for homeowner use but not for a pro.

I'm a framer and have gone through many reels. I really like the "Xtreme's" fast retrieve(5:1 gears) and release(crank button). The window is nice to see the chalk, although we'll see how long until it stains or scratches to the point of not seeing in. The new style black and yellow FatMax will be plastic, where the Xtreme is aluminum. It will also be in this shape instead of the old heart-like shaped one. (That one was too big, for me, anyway.) I will, then, get the new style of that one, too. It, too, is suposed to have a chalk window. I have only seen the new FatMax on Stanleys site, so far.(As of 6/6/07)
The new styles seemed a little bulky at first, but now, I am right at home with it and so is everyone else trying to use mine.
......A big plus, is that I have changed all of my chalk boxes to .9 mm nylon braided white fishing trot line. Much thinner & accurate lines, stronger, doesn't tear up as fast, and doesn't unravel with the first nick in it. You can find it much cheaper than the replacement chalklines, too.

I am very happy with this new whole set up! Definately Recommended!

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Stanley 58-930 Cushion Grip Nail Set, 3-Piece:http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=...
Stanley 45-300 Aluminum Carpenters Square:http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=...
Swanson Tool SO101 7-inch Speed Square:http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=...