Starrett SK1 Key Caddy

Achord

5/22/2009 9:29:00 AM

Price:$12.68
Image: http://speialdiscountfinder.info/image.php?id=...
Best deal: http://speialdiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=...

I had a much more expensive (made in the far East) retractable key chain I bought locally - it broke in about two months - used a plastic coated cable and the cable broke. This is RUGGED! The spring is strong and the clip holds it to your belt very tight. I bought three and it cost me about the same for all three as I paid for the hardware store broken one. I figure I have chains for the next five years or more now - these are really well made.
I have owned several Starrett SK1 Key Caddies (former Evans) over the past 35 years, and I always liked the quality and durability of this product. As far as I'm concerned this is by far the best key chair reel on the market. However, I rate my latest purchase only 4 of 5 stars because the center screw which holds the inner retaining spring was already stripped upon unpacking, and could not be fastened securely. I had bought a second one of this which turned out to be fine.
Key Caddy, Key Chain Reel, Clips On Belt, Chrome Plated Die Cast Case With Heavy Duty Retractable Stainless Steel Chain.