comp.lang.python

Re: refreshing the cache time of a key

Sean Chittenden

2/27/2008 5:16:00 PM

> is it possible to refresh the cache time of a key with out having
> to retrieving the cached data and storing it back in memcache .. for
> example if a data is cached for
> 1 hour and at the 50th minute from the time this data has been
> cached i want to store it in the cache for 1 more hour ..is
> there a function to refresh the cache time by knowing the key of
> data with out having to do get and set
> i.e
> data=mc.get(key)
> mc.set(key,data,3600) # 1 more hour

It's not possible with the current code base. I posted a patch a few
years back that did this.... here we go:

http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2004-November/0...

It should be easy to apply the patch by hand if it fails to apply
cleanly out of the gate. I'm not sure how memcache can survive as a
store for session information without this patch, but... See the post
for details that I won't bore folks with here. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden
sean@chittenden.org