DeLonghi CTH2003 Pro-Metal 2-Slice Toaster

Alameda

5/21/2009 11:38:00 AM

List Price:$84.00
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=...
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=...

This replaced a Krups toaster that found it difficult to toast anything evenly. After dealing with this ridiculous toaster I wish I'd kept the Krups. Not only does this not toast anything evenly- it doesn't toast anything consistently! Further, the high profile and high heat it generates started melting the upper cabinet melamine surface so it has to be moved out from under the cabinet before toasting!
Beatiful to look at, function of toaster quite disappointing. Stopped toasting both sides of bread within 2 weeks, but have still been using it, due to a job loss and need to cut expenses. Have requested to exchange item and am awaiting reply.
I have always liked Delonghi toasters. But, this one does not toast the bread evenly. One side of toast is not toasted when the other side is ready. I have to change bread sides during the toasting process and this is cumbersome.
I thought that this (a 2 slicer)would be the answer to "my prayers for a perfect toaster." it isn't. I thought that it had long slots for bakery bread, it doesn't. the wide slots do not toast both sides the same on "regular" width bread. It does toast, sort of ok. But it is not up to what I expected from my experience with other DeLonghi products I have purchased. Really disappointed.
With my last 3 toasters I have had to rotate the toast half way through toasting to be sure the top 20% of the slice was done. This time I decided to get the toaster with the largest toasting depth. Unfortunately that dimension is not defined in any toaster specs. that I could find. Therefore I visited every store appliance store in our area and measured the effective toasting depth on every display model. Most toasters have a toasting depth of 4.0 ins. to 4.25 ins. The DeLonghi has a toasting depth of 5.0 ins. I bought it and my toasting problem has been solved.
The DeLonghi Pro-Metal Toaster is made with extra thick housing(0.6) and die cast knob, buttons and levers. Two Extra-wide, extra long toast loading slots work in concert with self-adjusting grips to center the bread for precise, double-sided toasting (bread opening: 1.5" x5.5"). This toaster has cancel, defrost and bagel functions that let you toast to perfection. Advanced electronic sensor monitors the temperature and adjusts toast timing according to internal temperature of the toaster, so you get consistant toasting results batch after batch. This item features easy to read thermostat control with 6 settings that let you toast to perfection. The extra deep crumb tray with "push opening" system slides out easily(and is dishwasher safe) to make cleaning a breeze. When trying to retreive your food the extra lift lever makes removal of food safe and easy.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Philips Sonicare Elite e9500 Custom Care Power Toothbrush:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=...
Canon VIXIA HF10 Flash Memory High Definition Camcorder with 16 GB Internal Flash Memory and 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=...
Hasbro Nerf Dart Tag Refill Pack: 30 Tagger Micro Darts:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=...