Ruby GUI for a program that works on perl files

Khanjan Gandhi

5/20/2009 7:12:00 PM

Hey all,

I am new to Ruby and trying to learn it. I have a program that is
written in the form of Perl and XML files, and runs from the command
line right now. I want to create a GUI for the same, so that a user can
run the same perl files from a User interface. So, I was wondering if
Ruby is the correct language for what I want to do or some language like
Lisp or Python is more suited for the same?

Thanks in advance,

Khanjan

MK

Khanjan Gandhi wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am new to Ruby and trying to learn it. I have a program that is
> written in the form of Perl and XML files, and runs from the command
> line right now. I want to create a GUI for the same, so that a user can
> run the same perl files from a User interface. So, I was wondering if
> Ruby is the correct language for what I want to do or some language like
> Lisp or Python is more suited for the same?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Khanjan

Wouldn't it be better to do the GUI with perl then? The tk bindings are
nice, I haven't tried the gtk+ ones.