windows 7,visual studio,ruby in steel) Qt4 not supported?

lolveley

5/20/2009 2:48:00 PM

hello,

I want to use visual studio 2008 + ruby in steel (plugin ruby), and I
would like to create a simple program (containing _ say _ a QMainWindow
containing a QLineEdit.)
the first statement of my program is : print require 'Qt4' and it
returns "true", so I thought Qt4 was supported (I don't remember if I
installed some particular stuff (apart Qt4) in order to use Qt4 with
ruby (I mean qt4-qtruby, or korumdum).

but Qt4 is not actually supported : I have this error (at the line :
class Fen_princ < QMainWindow) : "uninitialized constant QMainWindow"...

do you know if there are some libraries to add to the project?

or an other IDE to use on window and which supports Qt4?

olivier.

http://fr.mail...

1 Answer

Ken Bloom

On Wed, 20 May 2009 23:47:44 +0900, lolveley wrote:

> hello,
>
> I want to use visual studio 2008 + ruby in steel (plugin ruby), and I
> would like to create a simple program (containing _ say _ a QMainWindow
> containing a QLineEdit.)
> the first statement of my program is : print require 'Qt4' and it
> returns "true", so I thought Qt4 was supported (I don't remember if I
> installed some particular stuff (apart Qt4) in order to use Qt4 with
> ruby (I mean qt4-qtruby, or korumdum).
>
> but Qt4 is not actually supported : I have this error (at the line :
> class Fen_princ < QMainWindow) : "uninitialized constant QMainWindow"...
>
> do you know if there are some libraries to add to the project?
>
> or an other IDE to use on window and which supports Qt4?
>
> olivier.

You've got the right library, but you have the naming convention for
classes in QtRuby wrong. While the C++ version uses names like
QMainWindow, the Qt version puts them in their own module, so you need to
convert the name to Qt::MainWindow

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu...