[ANN] zenprofile 1.0.2 Released

Ryan Davis

5/20/2009 7:06:00 AM

zenprofile version 1.0.2 has been released!

* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/sea...

zenprofiler helps answer WHAT is being called the most. spy_on helps
answer WHERE those calls are being made. ZenProfiler provides a faster
version of the standard library ruby profiler. It is otherwise pretty
much the same as before. spy_on provides a clean way to redefine a
bottleneck method so you can account for and aggregate all the calls
to it.

% ruby -Ilib bin/zenprofile misc/factorial.rb 50000
Total time = 3.056884
Total time = 2.390000

total self self total
% time seconds seconds calls ms/call ms/call name
50.70 1.64 1.64 50000 0.03 0.05 Integer#downto
19.63 2.27 0.63 200000 0.00 0.00 Fixnum#*
14.19 2.73 0.46 50000 0.01 0.05
Factorial#factorial
9.93 3.05 0.32 1 320.36 3047.10 Range#each
5.54 3.23 0.18 2 89.40 178.79
ZenProfiler#start_hook

Once you know that Integer#downto takes 50% of the entire run, you
can use spy_on to find it. (See misc/factorial.rb for the actual code):

% SPY=1 ruby -Ilib misc/factorial.rb 50000
Spying on Integer#downto

Integer.downto

50000: total
50000: ./misc/factorial.rb:6:in `factorial' via
./misc/factorial.rb:6:in `factorial'

Changes:

### 1.0.0 / 2009-05-20

* 1 major enhancement

* Birthday!

* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/sea...

1 Answer

David1950

"Marvin the Martian" <marvin@ontomars.org> wrote in message
: On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 06:14:40 -0800, Johnny Asia wrote:
:
: > "I intend to close Guantanamo, and I will follow through on that" A
: > promise by Obozo on CBS 60 Minutes on November 16, 2008.
: > January 5, 2013: Gitmo Is Still Open And Going Strong Hey, Wingers!
: > Remember This?
: > Closure Of Guantanamo Detention Facilities -
: > http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_pre...
: ClosureOfGuantanamoDetentionFacilities/
: >
: > +
: >
: > Pucker your butt for the Apocalypse!
: >
: > Johnny Asia, Asshole from the Future
: >
: > http://johnn...
:
: So, you haven't noticed that since Obama was elected, the Obama stooges
: don't CARE about the war in Afghanistan and Guantanamo? Even when you
: REMIND them of it?
:
: You have to know by now that leftist assholes are a bunch of losers

"losers" you say "????

let me go on and check them EEEEEElection results there fat white hillbilly Boy,

hmmm, it appears that we WON, and you hillbilly LOOOOOOSERS!!!!! lost,
as usual

hey gomer, yall hillbillies,crackers,rednecks, and other assorted dirty stinkin
rich dick suckin
trailer trash peasants have perfected the art of LOOOOSING!!!!!

yall see why you confederate mother fuckers are so universally hated and despised
??

because human beings do not want to associate, or be associated with dumb ass
hillbilly LOOOOOSERS!!!!!