comp.lang.c++

How to understand the signature from lib file?

3mwn8tbfrd19ph0

11/14/2008 12:24:00 AM

I used dumpbin to dump all the functions from the lib file.
But I don't understand the function signature. Something like
__imp_?Update@CSet@@IAEXXZ

Where can I find the document to understand this or any tool to
translate that into c/c++ language?

Thanks,
Steve
22 Answers

Sam

3mwn8tbfrd19ph0@mail.htl22.at writes:

> I used dumpbin to dump all the functions from the lib file.
> But I don't understand the function signature. Something like
> __imp_?Update@CSet@@IAEXXZ
>
> Where can I find the document to understand this or any tool to
> translate that into c/c++ language?

This is compiler-specific. Check your compiler's documentation for more
information.

Jack Klein

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:24:17 -0800 (PST),
3mwn8tbfrd19ph0@mail.htl22.at wrote in comp.lang.c++:

> I used dumpbin to dump all the functions from the lib file.
> But I don't understand the function signature. Something like
> __imp_?Update@CSet@@IAEXXZ
>
> Where can I find the document to understand this or any tool to
> translate that into c/c++ language?

The C++ language itself does not define the file format of compiled
object files or library files. They can, and do, vary greatly from
one compiler/operating system combination to another.

So you need to ask in a group specific to your platform. From the
headers on your post, I would suggest one of microsoft's groups on
news:microsoft.public.*, or a group like

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Tech...

James Kanze

On Nov 14, 1:24 am, 3mwn8tbfrd19...@mail.htl22.at wrote:
> I used dumpbin to dump all the functions from the lib file.
> But I don't understand the function signature. Something like
> __imp_?Update@CSet@@IAEXXZ

> Where can I find the document to understand this or any tool to
> translate that into c/c++ language?

It's implementation defined, but your compiler probably comes
with a tool to convert it. With Unix based compilers, look for
something like c++filt or c++filter---the nm command also
usually has an option -C, which sometime even works. In the
Windows world, mangling is sometimes called decoration, so you
might want to look for something with either undecorate or
demangle its name as well.

Yoorghis

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 10:05:19 -0500, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>Nothing did go wrong for NewsCorp ya dumb cocksucker
>>
>>They went to court and argued that it was OKAY to lie because: "They
>>were not a news channel.....they were an "entertainment" channel"
>
>Actually they didn't. Perhaps you should read intelligent, reliable
>sources and not the garbage you read now.

The opinion isn't reliable?

The lie was deliberate

They knew the lie was deliberate

The Corporation was forced to deny it was a legitimate news
channel---calling itself an "entertainment channel" with a "news
format"

IDIOT.

Yoorghis

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 10:04:12 -0500, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>So what? They have ZERO programming influence. But yes, they will be
>>backed up, if something goes wrong.

>He is a complete fool.

So---a NBC, CNN, ABC, or CBS "affiliate", lending authority of the
corporation, operating under corporation rules and regulations and
standards, is "not" a part of any?

How interesting.

AlleyCat

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 09:40:03 -0700, In article
<mplge890cp1fs4et9kr54sijaiqc29jq62@4ax.com>, Yoorghis@Jurgis.net
says...

> You know fucking well that if an "affiliate" of any of the Real news
> outlets would have deliberately misled and lied---you'd be on it like
> stink on shit.

Non-sequitur noted.
"We" don't hear about them, because that would be ratting on their own
kind, dumbass. You think NBC is going to tell us about an NBC affiliate
doing something stupid?
Give me a lie... ONE lie that has been told on Fox News... not an
affiliate that has zero to do with the cable channel Fox News.

--
Check for Children Redirecting Newsgroups

AlleyCat

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 09:41:20 -0700, In article
<arlge85e0ub9o12ru2ltan3smf3r5s3hin@4ax.com>, Yoorghis@Jurgis.net
says...

> The Corporation was forced to deny it was a legitimate news
> channel---calling itself an "entertainment channel" with a "news
> format"

Again, stupid... Lawyers for Fox said that to make sure their clients
didn't have to pay a fine or damages. You think the people at Fox that
do news stories, WANTED that said? Come up with ONE lie the cable
channel Fox News has told, on purpose and didn't retract.

--
Check for Children Redirecting Newsgroups

Bob Cheng

On Jan 5, 2:13 pm, AlleyCat ecrit:

You are nothing more than an American moron.

Who doesn't recall WayBackJack.

You have the credentials of an unemployed, at loose ends, bored and
broke American loser.

Why don't you tell us your story.

Otherwise, mine is your story. I own your ass.

You pathetic imbecile.

AlleyCat

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 09:43:05 -0700, In article
<1ulge8pssrbth9daklsda0q9pgj352nfv0@4ax.com>, Yoorghis@Jurgis.net
says...

> So---a NBC, CNN, ABC, or CBS "affiliate", lending authority of the
> corporation, operating under corporation rules and regulations and
> standards, is "not" a part of any?

What the fuck do you know about what affiliates are under? You think
that if KXYZ in Kenosha Falls, Idaho wants to do a story on farmers
poisoning Prairie Dogs with wash-off from their fields, they have to get
permission to run the story? I'm pretty sure that all or most affiliates
are pretty autonomous when it comes to stories they run. If they get in
trouble, THEN they have the full backing of the parent company.

Can you come up with ONE lie that the cable channel Fox News has told on
purpose and never retracted?

--
Check for Children Redirecting Newsgroups

Cold Lazarus

Swag wrote

> On Jan 5, 2:13?pm, AlleyCat ecrit:
>
> You are nothing more than an American moron.
>
> Who doesn't recall WayBackJack.
>
> You have the credentials of an unemployed, at loose ends, bored and
> broke American loser.
>
> Why don't you tell us your story.
>
> Otherwise, mine is your story. I own your ass.
>
> You pathetic imbecile.

My guess is that he's one of the crack commados from Vietnam, who served in
that secret unit with George Bush, Dick Cheney, Mitt Romney, Ted Nugent and
Ron Paul.

Nobody knows about them. It's a secret